Young Justice

Started by Tomato, August 30, 2011, 10:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryTrotter

Catching up with the rest of half-season.
Mist and Shade in the same episode-i kinda expected some Starman reference.Unless I missed something.Also,Lobo.Yey?
Spoiler
Ocean Master
Spoiler
That was pointless.They never even used the character.And now they just casually behead him.Why did they even bother?
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Didn't end up commenting on the remained of the half-season before now. I enjoyed what I saw for the most part.

Mist, Shade, Livewire and Lobo were pretty fun. I will say if it was another character, the near constant innuendos would come off as more gratuitous, but as least from Livewire it's in character. Though even her appearances in Superman TAS and Supergirl weren't quite as in your face as this one is. And then there's Black Lightning's response to her. Not even touching that one.

Also I like the end credits sequences. I like that they show something different every episode. That's fun and unique and keeps things interesting.

Spoiler
Forager not really being dead during the Lobo fight was super-predictable. But they do love their shocking violence. I'd compare them to a 90's comic, but honestly, there wasn't actually that much blood and gore in the 90s comics. It's closer to the modern comics as exemplified by Geoff Johns.

Also Lobo's finger is totally going to turn into Slobo.   

Why did they kill Ocean Master? Because violence. And I guess they needed to establish why the bad guys wouldn't in fact attack all those characters in one place. Which could be done without beheading Ocean Master, but whatever.

I didn't like Cyborg much as first but he grew on me. As did Halo, Forager and Geo-Force, for that matter.

The Vandal Savage episode was an absolute slog to get through. Didn't really have anything to say other than "Hey don't forget, these villains are still out there. Also Vandal Savage is a savage, in case you didn't know." Also David Kaye is now voicing Vandal Savage. That's pretty neat. I totally didn't know that was him. When he appears again I'll have to listen for that.

Gwendolyn Yeo was a good choice to voice Lady Shiva.

We finally get the television debut of Cassandra Cain aka Orphan and Stephanie Brown as Spoiler! Pretty neat, but not really much to talk about.

Harper Row AND the Court of Owls? Apparently we got some Scott Sydner fans in here. Lot of Harpers in this show.

LOVED the Beast Boy episode. That was some good satire. I think that might have been my favorite episode of the whole season. And Hynden Walch was a good choice to take over the role of the princess, even if they only did it because they had the Teen Titans cast on hand for the episode.

The cliffhanger with Terra...yeah it makes sense to leave on that. More Slade Wilson kids. He sure gets around these days! Except in Arrow, of course.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

HarryTrotter

Right,the finger;that didnt really cross my mind,but they would do that,wouldnt they?
Spoiler
I get that they killed Ocean Master to prove villains are for real,yo--but this was supposedly a major villain,that they pretty much never used.Seriously,this guy is Aquamans brother,you think that would be important at some point.
Spoiler
And I guess they maybr,possibly,not really killed Starro.Who was in the tank next to him?I guess thats meant to be important.
At least we got a passable space battle out of it.Even if it creates a later seasons Stargate paradox. As in nobody noticed huge space fleets duking it out in Earth orbit.Ofc,this being the DCU,thats just a slow tuesday.
-Who would win- Batman or Superman?
-Thats stupid,why would they fight?
Well memed,show,well memed.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Silver Shocker

Totally forgot about that joke.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa