Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: Okto's DC/Marvel Hero Files  (Read 737 times)

Offline oktokels

Okto's DC/Marvel Hero Files
« on: March 28, 2019, 01:34:53 AM »
Hello,
Here i will be posting my hero files from DC/Marvel, these are for a mod that i'm making, lets hope that it will be released sometime in the next years  :wacko:

This files are mostly based from Ben Reilly Marvel RPG page and DC and marvel wikia. The conversion of the stats was made with a little calculator that i made with PSEint, based on TaskmasterX conversion guide, so the stats will be as realistic as can be  :rolleyes:

Feel free to post ideas or suggestions.

The list of marvel and dc heroes that i will be posting:

DC HEROES:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
MARVEL HEROES:
DC VILLAINS:
MARVEL VILLAINS:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:37:42 PM by oktokels »

Offline spydermann93

Re: Okto's DC/Marvel Hero Files
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:07:35 AM »
Awesome! I love seeing people's hero files and I love seeing heroes converted from Marvel RPG!

I'll definitely be following this project of yours.

Do you have your calculations recorded in a file? Care to share and explain your process? I would love to hear it!

Offline oktokels

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »
Do you have your calculations recorded in a file? Care to share and explain your process? I would love to hear it!

Hmm, not in a file, i was making the calculations as i was creating the hero file. The script is very simple, and it is base in the premise :
"if RPGstrenght=*any number* then FFstrength=*number*"
i guess i can post the whole script somewhere in the scripting forum. It converts all the stats, plus psyche, regeneration, superspeed, martial arts or weapon bonuses and weight, but i'll have to translate it to english so everybody here can understand  :D.

Thanks for the response  :thumbup: and sorry for the answer delay, it will be like that for the time... Next i'll post the hero files from letter A.

Offline oktokels

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 09:36:52 PM »
ok, since im more satisfied with some hero files than with others, ill post the ones im most satisfied first  :wacko: All these are based on the most common rpg websites and books regarding marvel and dc characters. Any contribution and criticism will be very much appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hero File: DOCTOR FATE

M25 AI File: DOCTOR FATE

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 08:49:08 PM by oktokels »

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 04:27:22 AM »
I love the inclusion of screenshots.

It's a very nice touch to your hero recipe.

Also, the notes about how the AI uses the attacks is very interesting. I love the little details!

Offline oktokels

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 09:39:36 AM »
I love the inclusion of screenshots.

It's a very nice touch to your hero recipe.

Also, the notes about how the AI uses the attacks is very interesting. I love the little details!

Thanks ! I most usually watch fights, and is very fun to tweak or improve the AI before a fight, to make a better and efficient use of powers, and see how the character adapt to different situations. I wanted to make a full hero recipe with gifs, but i would take me too long to just make one. I didnt even have time to finish dr fate shields screenshots. I have to resize the image before posting it, otherwise it'll be too big for the board !!!

cheers  :thumbup:

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 03:22:14 AM »
Man, excellent production values!  You're making me look bad!  :P 

Seriuosly though, that is great.  What a thorough and entertaining way to present the character!  I am going to need you to post his AI file so I can see how you did those customizations!  I need to do more of that thing in the DCUG.

I'm definitely interested in seeing all of these!  I need to tweak my extant DCUG characters, and I can use these as inspiration.

Thanks man!

As for Fate himself, he looks pretty great.  My suggestions would be to give him the Spellcaster attribute to encompass the full range of his powers.  I have this combo attribute for mine:
you have spent countless years learning the deepest mystic secrets of the world (COMBINES: fire control, earth control, sensitive, ice control, puppet master (nature), guardian (physical), level-headed, and group teleporter)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out my DC voicepacks at my yahoo group.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/bentongrey2

Offline oktokels

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 03:44:30 AM »
My suggestions would be to give him the Spellcaster attribute to encompass the full range of his powers.  I have this combo attribute for mine:
you have spent countless years learning the deepest mystic secrets of the world (COMBINES: fire control, earth control, sensitive, ice control, puppet master (nature), guardian (physical), level-headed, and group teleporter)

That's great, definitily im going for group teleporter there. As for Fate M25Ai, here it is:

Have fun and thx for your collaboration !!  :thumbup:

Offline oktokels

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 10:05:41 PM »
Here's HULK fellas !!!  :thumbup:

Hero File: HULK

M25 AI File: HULK
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 07:24:26 AM by oktokels »

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 10:12:52 PM »
HULK LIKE POST!!

HULK SMASH LIKE BUTTON!

*sees no like button*

RAAAARGH!!!

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 03:30:55 AM »
Haha.  Great stuff Ok!  That's a nice solution to the Hulk problem.  I went with a slightly different approach.  I used Energy Tanks, Metabolic Strength, and a PD that absorbs all damage types.  Yours might actually be better.  I'll have to consider that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Offline oktokels

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 01:31:32 PM »
Haha.  Great stuff Ok!  That's a nice solution to the Hulk problem.  I went with a slightly different approach.  I used Energy Tanks, Metabolic Strength, and a PD that absorbs all damage types.  Yours might actually be better.  I'll have to consider that.

Hahaha I don't know if mine is better, but i sure like when somebody tries his own route. That's a really clever way to do Hulk power ! I stopped using material types defenses because it just didnt feel right to give hulk a stone or metal skin, it affects the knockback effect and the sound when he falls or is damaged. I found myself using a lot of "rubber" material to stretchy characters and symbiotes though.

Also, i have kind of a standard use of body armor and invulnerable, based on taskmasterx conversion guide. Characters that have ANY kind of external armor, get a body armor 05 attribute, unless the armor has a lower value than good [less than GD10=Body Armor 02] or a higher value than amazing [more than AM50=Body Armor 10]. If a character has a RPG power of invulnerability or true invulnerability [power of its own body], then they gain the FF "invulnerable n" attribute equal to their RPG values. This value could result in a invulnerable 02, invulnerable 05 or invulnerable 10 defense attribute [invulnerable 15 or 20 for some "cosmic" characters]. This all was made to get a "feel" of a more balanced fight between weak and strong characters, while making the fight not too long also.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:07:32 PM by oktokels »

Offline oktokels

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 03:43:38 PM »
There will be....CARNAGE !!  :verf

Hero File: CARNAGE

M25 AI File: CARNAGE

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:44:03 PM by oktokels »

Offline oktokels

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 01:54:22 AM »
FEAR IS MY ALLY !!!  :verf :verf

Hero File: SCARECROW

M25 AI File: SCARECROW
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 08:45:37 PM by oktokels »

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2019, 01:58:33 AM »
Spoooooooooky

Offline oktokels

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »
If somebody knows the name of the creators of the skins and meshes that i will be posting, and is not posted, pls let me know.

Offline oktokels

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 06:14:31 AM »
THE HAWK SOARS HIGH !! :ph34r:

Hero File: HAWKMAN

M25 AI File: HAWKMAN
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:56:36 PM by oktokels »

Offline oktokels

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 06:21:49 AM »
Ok fellas ! i have Silver Surfer, Nova and Ice-Man here... wich one should i do next?...  :doh:

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 07:43:19 PM »
I'd love to see Silver Surfer then Ice-Man.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 10:55:22 PM »
Man, I am really enjoying these!  Great work Ok!

So, first off, interesting stuff about the conversion formula.  I need to experiment with Body Armor more.  That came out after the DCUG, so I don't have it in the mod.  I need to keep that attribute in mind as I work back through my characters.  I know exactly what you mean in terms of balance between weak and strong characters.  I want matches to be fun, even when it is Batman fighting Superman, you know?

Alright, Carnage:  I don't really know the character well, but this looks good, and it is certainly an interesting AI profile for him!

Scarecrow: Okay, Crane looks like a really fun build, but if you're going for comic accuracy, he's probably a bit too powerful.  There's definitely a logic I can recognize in all of your choices, though.  Fearless makes sense, so he won't end up panicking himself, but I'm torn on that one.  He can be fearful at times, and Batman can certainly scare him on occasions.  This might be a gameplay over accuracy situation.  I use Presence for him, which gives him a chance to panic characters just by being nearby, and I give him Hatemonger customized to fear.  That's basically just a different way of doing the same thing you're doing with Metal Eater (interesting, wouldn't have thought of doing it that way), though I'd say strength and Invulnerability is probably a bit too much for him.  Hatemonger just gives him energy and speed.  I can see your version working as something of an abstraction of how he becomes more menacing to his victims, however.  In terms of powers, he looks great, and I am totally going to steal one or two of those ideas!  :D  Your AI looks promising, and I certainly like that he'll go after panicked enemies, especially. 

Hawkman: One of my favorite characters!  Okay, so one of my great internal debates about the DCUG update has been about my Hawkman mesh.  I LOVE the classic Beyonder mesh, and it has several animations that are just plain perfect, including a multi-hit flying attack.  You just can't get that anywhere else.  However, Gren's Hawkman is just plain gorgeous, and I've got a lovely Silver Age skin/skope for it.  He also has some really great animations.  If I had all the time in the world, I would actually set up several different Hawk skopes for my Hawkman campaign, each with a different armament, and you could pick which weapons you brought on a mission by choosing a different 'loadout.'  I may still do that one of these days. 

Anyway, as for your excellent version here, I see that it is the more modern version, with the reincarnation angle.  Mine (and what I am familiar with) is the classic space cop version.  You have some really interesting choices that I never would have thought of (like immortal and mental heal), and which make him a more flexible character.  Cool!  I'm curious about why you've chosen Acrobatic and Coordinator (probably my ignorance about the new version).  I do like Enhanced Senses for him, and I may actually have to add that to mine. 

My build has Flier, Temp Control (because of the Nth Metal), Solid Skeleton (which I probably need to reconsider), and a multi attribute Thanagarian: 'ffqnimbleflier', 'fastflier', 'grimresolve', 'fasthealing'.  Your powers are pretty close to my own build, and they look great.  The one thing I have that you don't is a cone wind attack with good knockback and a multi-contact flying melee.

On the whole, he looks great, man!
God Bless

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 11:56:54 PM »
If somebody knows the name of the creators of the skins and meshes that i will be posting, and is not posted, pls let me know.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Carnage Mesh was by Texas Jack.

Offline oktokels

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »
I can see your version working as something of an abstraction of how he becomes more menacing to his victims, however.  In terms of powers, he looks great, and I am totally going to steal one or two of those ideas!  :D  Your AI looks promising, and I certainly like that he'll go after panicked enemies, especially.

Exactly, you got the idea. Gameplay over accuracy is my goal here. And thinking of his low hp and physical status, it made sense to me that he could have those powers, at least for the short time that a enemy is panicked. Consider also, that he doesnt always hits a target with a fear attack, because he doesnt have enough agility to aim right. Steal all you want, i love your work, lets consider it a mutual collaboration instead :thumbup:

Anyway, as for your excellent version here, I see that it is the more modern version, with the reincarnation angle.  Mine (and what I am familiar with) is the classic space cop version.  You have some really interesting choices that I never would have thought of (like immortal and mental heal), and which make him a more flexible character.  Cool!  I'm curious about why you've chosen Acrobatic and Coordinator (probably my ignorance about the new version).  I do like Enhanced Senses for him, and I may actually have to add that to mine.
I havent seen that gren's mesh you are talking about, it may be better that the one i am using right now, i'll look for it. As for the version im going, it's mostly from the animated version of WarnerB. and his JSA/JLA runs, that's the way i knew about the character.
About his egyptian priest background, i took that from:
About acrobatic, i took that from his gravity control belt, but it may be open to discussion yet. Coordinator, because in both dc wikia [https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Database] and ben reilly's page, Hawkman has the leadership talent. Enhanced senses, because he has enhanced vision. And that's it, glad that you are enjoying this as much as i am !!  :thumbup:
Thanks for the feedback  :D

Offline OrWolvie1

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 04:15:28 PM »
Fantastic work and a unique take on these heroes and villains. I look forward to checking them out in game.  :thumbup:

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 04:46:15 PM »
You're very welcome, Ok!  Thanks for posting these; they're really cool and creative!

Scarecrow: Yeah, I can see that interpretation.  I may toy with giving him a strength bonus for extra damage.  Hmm....

Hawkman: Neat, very cool interpretation.  If you'll send me your email address, I'll send you the Hawkman mesh and skope.
God Bless

Offline oktokels

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »
Ok fellas, here's the Silver Surfer !!  :ph34r:

Hero File: SILVER SURFER

M25 AI File: SILVER SURFER
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:53:02 PM by oktokels »

Offline SuperPoweredYank

• Shield your eyes!
  • Avatar is Tommyboy's Cavalry mesh
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 08:07:51 PM »
A lot of interesting character ideas here, particularly the custom AI. I have quite a few "enemy" custom characters whom I'm dissatisfied with, behavior-wise, so I'll have to try experimenting with this.

Offline BentonGrey

• Titans
    • The Greylands
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2019, 09:35:38 PM »
Surfer looks pretty good, Ok.  I'd probably bump his power up one level and, while metal LOOKS right for his material, I'd probably go with stone for the greater resistances.  It certainly doesn't make sense for him to be vulnerable to electrical or energy attacks.  To fit with my own design philosophy, I'd probably use Inv. + Physical Resistance instead of the material type, but that's a matter of taste.

His powers look good, and I like the ally-focus you gave him!
God Bless

Offline oktokels

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2019, 07:21:50 AM »
It certainly doesn't make sense for him to be vulnerable to electrical or energy attacks.  To fit with my own design philosophy, I'd probably use Inv. + Physical Resistance instead of the material type, but that's a matter of taste.

His powers look good, and I like the ally-focus you gave him!

It certainly not, but for gameplay's sake he has to have some vulnerability to something lol  :lol: Made sense for me, Silver surfer is a silver [a very precious metal] made character haha. I worked around the vulnerabilities problem by taking his cosmic energy absorption power and transforming it into a passive defense that absorbs 90% of the energy damage he takes. Add to that that he gets metabolic strength, so in a fight against another energy blaster, silver surfer gets the upper hand by far. There's still that 10% chance to get hit by a energy blast that totally knocks him down. Not so much against an electric blaster, so Thor could get the upper hand eventually... Overall, im not so sure about this character build at all, it's very powerfull, so i had to tone it down a little bit. Anyway its all based on ben reilly's take and some marvel wikia []https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Database]. Next: A DC villian, Cheers !
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:27:00 AM by oktokels »

Offline oktokels

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2019, 09:20:34 AM »
MAKE WAY FOR THE...  :verf :verf

Hero File: PSYCHO PIRATE

M25 AI File: PSYCHO PIRATE