First character piicked indanger room is alwys the same.

Started by xaphan_deceiver, April 25, 2019, 04:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaphan_deceiver

Hi Guys.
I am having an issue with FF1. No matter what characters I choose for danger room battles, the first character never changes. eg. if I pick SUPERMAN, cyclops, thor and wasp, I will get BEAST, cyclops , thor and wasp. Every time I choose characters the first on the list is BEAST. I have tried looking in ffedit but no luck there. I even removed BEAST from character section but he still shows up every time. Any thoughts?

BentonGrey

Wow, that's a weird one!  What's your system settings?  What version of Windows do you have, which version of the game, and are you doing anything unusual to get the game to run?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

xaphan_deceiver

Sorry for the tardy reply. I have been touring around for a while and recently returned to civilisation.
System settings: Not sure. Built my own PC so everything should be standard.
Windows version is windows 7
Original version of the game (2002 release on cd with latest update 1.3 or something.)
Not doing anything unusual to get it to run, well, not that I'm aware of.
I tried deleting the Beast mesh, hero file and anything else I could find to do with beast and still it happened.
Guess my PC has a thing for Beast!

BentonGrey

Haha, no kidding!  How bizarre! 

So, do you have FFX installed?  If so, try running FFXEdit.

If not, try running the game in compatibility mode for XP SP 2 or 3.  See if that will do anything.  It's particularly weird because you've got an old version of the game and a version of Windows that didn't usually cause problems with it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/