FREEDOM FORCE PART 3 COMING!!

Started by heroidosilencio, May 09, 2019, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heroidosilencio

Guys, have you ever heard about  Kickstarter?

kICKSTAR is an SITE that anyone can use to raise the capital you need to creat a new project or a new game.
Using this site, it is create a  funding, and it set a goal and  an amout of time to raise the money before the project expires.
If the project expires, everyone that donated receives the money back. It might not be necessaray a lot of money. That's deppend
on how much will help. It is possible that U$ 20 dollars from each one here would suffy.

The reward for helping the funding use to be a copy from the game sending directly for the Creator of the game to the sponsors (like us who helped
the idea to get life)

I don't know if you all are aware, but some new good games are being created like this. Torment: Tides of Numera was one that was released
this year after the idea with the help of KICKSTARTER. People like us, started raising the money in Kickstarter. And it came out with a version
even for PLAYSTATION 4, as well.

I would love to see a new FREEDOM FORCE GAME. What you do you think about, guys?

A new game could  could  improve a lot of things,  for exemple:

01) Not to crash with many characters and allow us to use our own meshes, created by us,  in the campaing mode if we want so.

02) It could have some new good missions. we all have a lot of ideas for the campaing. For exemple, we could have in this new game
some missions like "CIVIL WAR" from (MARVEL COMICS) with funny and weird dialogues or for,  exemple like  the story from  IGNITION POIN  (from DC COMICS) .
BUT EVERYTHING WITH SOME KIND OF JOKES AND A TOUCH OF COMEDY SOME FUNNY DIALOGUES that would make us, adults, laugh, while playing the game.

03) This new game could have new powers included, new scenarios, a tactical mode of choices inside the game that some characters had to take during the gameplay wrich could imply in different endings in the game.

We could make a TOPIC here and everyone could post and show any ideas. I know. everyone here have good ones.

I am aware that Irrational Game, the company that created FFVTR went bankrupted.  Despite this, If we board on this idea, it is not impossible to track and contact the creators of FFVTR and tell them about the financial project and ask them what they think about this idea.

Otherwise, if they think it is not a good idea, we have people here with knowledge that could work on that and be paid for that making a game very similar to FFVTR using the same techinology  but with a diferent name and diferent characters. An alternative for Freedom Force. The guys who created that MODE with new powers seems to have knowledge for that.

There are another sites that works with crowdfunding platforms for gathering money from users like us to Build projects. It is not necessary to be Kickstarter. It could be anyone.
What do you think about this idea, guys?

diego

Hi Friend, AlexFF was working on a project based on Freedom Force, I do not know how the project is currently running. Are you Brazilian? Send me a PM, I'm Graphic Designer, if you need people on the team I'm willing to join the project.

Tomato

So I don't disagree with this per se, and I'd love to have a modern ff game to play with... But while yes, irrational games is bankrupt, the copyrights and trademarks were, iirc, bought by another company, I'd assume whichever one is currently selling the first two games on steam. Using the names, characters, and powersets without said company's involvement for a for-profit game (which Kickstarter would be) is an invitation for a lawsuit.

My advice here, if you want to move forward without permission, is to just make your own game. What makes FF what it is is that customization, and you could make a game that's a send up to 80s superhero craziness like ffv3r's sequel was supposed to be.

I will add though, bitter old man that I am, you aren't the first to think of just doing it yourself. I've seen more than one member burn themselves out trying to make something workable in unity or other engines, and that's without the added pressure of having to meet Kickstarter standards and dealing with the people who pay for them. Game development is hard, and if you don't have a background in it already I'd look into learning the basics before you even bring Kickstarter up.