Hello! Looking for some kind of tutorial on importing meshes

Started by panoramac, June 09, 2018, 05:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panoramac

Hi everyone!
Been awhile since I've posted anything here but I never forgot about this community or the FF games. I am really getting back into the games now (alas there still is no FF3 or anything quite like it) so it's still the most customizable and best superhero game of it's kind
Anyway, quite a bit of content is out there in various 3d formats such as .fbx or .obj for instance for free.
I know it's possible (with some effort) to get these into the games as shown by recent imports of detourne_me and SickAlice
Some  time ago a tutorial was released on importing other game meshes by using Blender and nifskope (I think)
I no longer have that tutorial and was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction or maybe offer a few pointers
Thanks a million to anyone who can help me out!

detourne_me

I got started with Ewzzy's Blender tutorial here: http://www.freedomforce.ewzzy.com/Blender.php

Its a really good starting point.
SickAlice also made a few great points in one of the threads in the hex editing forum.
Also, if you have any questions I'll try my best to help you out

panoramac

Thanks so much for the reply detourne_me  :thumbup: ..Trying to access that tutorial  gave me an error message
I do vaguely remember that tutorial ..Is that the same one that has instructions for importing
a mesh from the Movies games?
I remember also someone demonstrating a way to get a sims2 character model into the game

I am still using Blender 2.49b? Have you had any luck with later versions?

I have been able to import static meshes.. It's character's meshes I really care about..
Thanks again!

Cyber Burn

I think most of us who are using Blender are probably using 2.49b, but I don't want to speak for everyone. I believe you could also find the tutorial at SickAlice's site, located here:

http://catman.freedomforceforever.com/pages/workbench.html

panoramac

Oh yes!
That is indeed the one I was looking for..thanks Cyber Burn
You all are the best..

lordmuda

Hi, i have a mesh, Blender and Nifscope.

How do i even begin this?

oktokels

I have tried this, but i havent got results yet.... I know that you first have to extract the models you are looking from the game, some models are already extracted and can be downloaded in .ffx,.obj or other formats. You have to use blender [with a .nif plugin] or another 3d software, to adjust the model to  :ffvstr: standards...and import the adjusted model in .nif format, for the game to be able to read it. I got to a point where you have to "weight paint" the model, and i got lost...so thats it  :banghead:

I'll be glad to help too, theres some very good looking models coming out, i know that theres a limit of 3d polygons that  :ff: accept, but with the mobile games, those models should be low poly.