News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Fx has different size depending on map

Started by Jimaras8, July 17, 2019, 04:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

The FX in question is apocalypse_beam. It appear fairly thin in maps like prison yard but the main ray appears almost twice the size in maps like village or Benton's city maps. Is there a way to resize the beam to appear thinner?

BentonGrey

Weird!  I haven't encountered that type of thing before.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Jimaras8

If you select the apocalypse_beam fx for a character test it in the prison yard map and then in the second spider-man map "devil of a time". You will notice that the ray appears twice the size. Oh and Benton i said you a dm about the Valhalla map in the mod that appears pink to me. Do you have the same problem?

Jimaras8

Is it possible for someone to resize the apocalypse_beam fx to make the ray thinner? Can it be done?

Cyber Burn

Just the actual "Beam" part?

I'm not sure where my game disk is right now, so if I attempted this, I wouldn't be able to check how it actually turns out.

Jimaras8

CB, it works pretty well. It' much closer to how i imagined it  :thumbup:. Thanks a ton for the time and effort, you always come to the rescue. Me and Benton have a nice little thing coming up for you guys for one of his mods. It's something i have been working on for over a year and all that help you and others have provided will be reflected there.

Cyber Burn

Not a problem. I shrunk both, the actual "Beam" in NifSkope", and then I reduced the width of the "Beam" in the Art Textures. I also played around with the Art Textures to try and get them to have a more consistent color scheme as well. If needed though, I could still reduce the width "Beam" a little further.

But as I said, I have no way of properly checking the "before" and "after" appearance because I seem to have misplaced my game disk.