News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mapper Wanted!

Started by BentonGrey, June 26, 2019, 04:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys.  I have tried a lot of different things to find someone to help me out with mapping for the DCUG, and with my mods in general (though the current and biggest project is the DCUG), but I have had no real luck.  I have so much work to do and wear so many different hats for one of my mods, writing, scripting, testing, troubleshooting, resource hunting, character logistics, light skoping, and a thousand other things, that it is really hard for me to find the time and, especially, the energy to do any interesting map work on top of that.  I've got a ton of great maps thanks to the map pack, but I often find myself twisting stories to fit maps rather than able to create maps to tell the stories I want.  It would be a tremendous, tremendous help to find someone to help out with at least some of the mapping. 

Mapping is a little time consuming, but it isn't really all that hard, and the learning curve is pretty easy.  The editor is pretty fantastic, and you can get a really long way just by moving things around and using built-in art assets.  You can also do some really cool and creative stuff that pushes the envelope of the game in exciting ways if you're of a mind.  I can teach the basics to anyone who is willing to learn and would be happy to do so.  You need no experience, and while some Photoshop or skoping skills would give you more options, you can do a lot just by using FFEdit.

The work load would be pretty light, as I am moving slowly on modding until I can finish my dissertation, and even then, the missions for which I really need new maps will only be some of missions I'll be creating.  Plus, modding itself isn't the fastest process in the world, though with some help on this front, it will definitely be fast!

What I'm hoping for is that some community member, either someone new looking for a way to get involved, or a veteran who wants to help see mods and content keep getting made, will volunteer, maybe even a couple of folks.  So, come on FR, I hope that some of you lurkers will rise to the challenge. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 11, 2019, 06:45:10 PM
Bump!

Hey, I think bump mapping is a completely different thing than what you want.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

BentonGrey

God Bless

cmdrkoenig67

I would help, if I could, B...but my internet is limited to my phone.  I'd have better luck probably winning the lottery, than connecting my phone to the work on my home computer.  It's not that I don't know how to do it, it's that my new phone isn't letting me do it.

Dana