News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Brand new Help! Part 3-Jedipool

Started by daglob, February 01, 2019, 05:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

As you can see, this is the Silver Age Doc Magnus. I need to work on the face some, re-do the pants cuffs, and I intend to swap the pistol out for a high-tech handgun. However, the pipe, which shows up so nice in Nifscope, doesn't show up in CTool.

Any ideas? I mean, the smoke floats up from a point slightly ahead of his face, but no pipe.

detourne_me

The pipe isnt showing up in ctool? Weird! It worked for me when i tested it.

daglob

Oops! I should have noted that this is FF1. The pipe shows up fine in FFv3R. I converted the pipe to an .obj file and imported it. Oddly enough, I haven't gotten the smoke to work in 3R yet.

Oh well, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

detourne_me

Oh. I could reexport the pipe for ff1 if youd like? Im not sure about the FX either

daglob

If you could do that, I would appreciate it. I have had some luck copying particle effects, and, when I get to it, I will use the one from The Man with No Name, which is already "head high".

daglob

Looking in the "Hair" meshes (Flattop, Receding, Bald, Bangs, Wolverine, and Quicksilver), I notice that there are mustaches and beards (and an Ollie Hat) hidden in the mesh. They don't show up in Nifscope, but I tried unhiding them, and got an errormessage when I tried to save them that highlighted several lost children. How do we deal with them, again? I mean, I'd just like to look at these, and probably get ideas...

Cyber Burn

Send one my way so I know that I'm looking at the same version that you are, and I'll take a look at it for you.

daglob

I was trying to get this done by Star Wars Day, but I couldn't. Now I seem to have a problem; the one I did with Gni's lightsaber won't load into CTool (I get the same error as trying to load a FFv3R mesh, but all parts are FF1), and this one with the lightsaber from Male basic Lightsaber the swords don't show.

Suggestions?

Cyber Burn

I know I'm still a bit behind schedule, but if you want to send that one to me as well, I'd be glad to add it to my list.

SickAlice

Probably being obvious sorry but did you check the naming conventions? Gni's are in a different language so they don't line up with keyframes that aren't made by Gni. You have to rename the strings and/or nodes to match up in order for them to work. Also I see my name coming up around here, feel free to message me on that stuff. I have time to check in at least each weekend and will get back with whatever.

daglob

Not obvious; I didn't think of that at all.

Cyber Burn

Okay, for Jedi-Pool, I think I found an alternate option for the Lightsaber, it's the "Z Saber" from the Megaman weapon pack that I released awhile back. I just need to set it up for FF1, and it should be good. Then I have a few options for guns, unless you have something specific in mind?

I may add holsters to the Mesh, just because floating guns attached to the hips don't seem right to me.

daglob