News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Attribute Combos

Started by OrWolvie1, August 12, 2019, 09:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrWolvie1

Hello all.
       I realize that this is a topic that has probably been done to death but I'm having a brain freeze or something. How does one create attribute combos for use in game? Which files need to be modified for instance. Like I said, I can't recall. It's been too long since I tried messing around with any of that  :banghead:

spydermann93

ffxmulti.py (in your Missions/Scripts folder)
strings.txt (in your Lang/English folder)
attributes.dat (using FFEdit)

Those should be the only things you need to modify.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 12, 2019, 09:55:37 PM
ffxmulti.py (in your Missions/Scripts folder)
strings.txt (in your Lang/English folder)
attributes.dat (using FFEdit)

Those should be the only things you need to modify.

Cool. That helps.

oktokels

You add lines to ffxmulti.py like this:
['deadpool','superhealer','ironguts','bodyarmor05','acrobatic','mindless','ffqimmortal','slippery','ffqmad'],

All attributes must be added using their FFX name. More information here

http://ffx.freedomforceforever.com/manual/attributes/multis.htm

seraglio

Hi all. I'm a  :ff: vet but new to  :ffvstr: I tried this process, same as I have done a million times in FF, and my attribute is not showing up in the list. I even added a strings entry, which isn't strictly necessary in FF. Is there another step in this process unique to FFvTR?

spydermann93

You need to use FFEdit to open up your mod's attribute.dat, go to the attribute section, and add a new attribute with the same exact name as the combo.

For oktokels' example up above, you'd add a "deadpool" attribute and give it a cost.

seraglio

Did a sanity check and yes, its in the attribute tab of FFedit for  :ffvstr:. Its in ffxmulti.py. and its in strings.dat, which I never really do in FF for just a combo, but didn't know if FFvTR needed it. When I open the game, create character, and look at the attribute list...slowly and painstakingly...there are no new entries anywhere. I'm modding the ffxmulti in the ffx>missions>scripts directory. If I change an existing combo...add or remove something that came with ffx3.3, it works, so I'm working in the correct directory. Any other thoughts as to why a combo might not show up?

oktokels

Quote from: seraglio on August 21, 2019, 03:53:54 AM
Did a sanity check and yes, its in the attribute tab of FFedit for  :ffvstr:. Its in ffxmulti.py. and its in strings.dat, which I never really do in FF for just a combo, but didn't know if FFvTR needed it.

The strings.dat only serves for showing the attribute in the game attribute list. I usually just write the line in ffxmulty.py and then add the attribute to the ezhero list [tools>add custom attribute..] with the same name i used. Then i just give the attribute to any char using ezhero, and it works as long as there is no typing-errors.

OrWolvie1

Quote from: oktokels on August 21, 2019, 04:05:56 AM
Quote from: seraglio on August 21, 2019, 03:53:54 AM
Did a sanity check and yes, its in the attribute tab of FFedit for  :ffvstr:. Its in ffxmulti.py. and its in strings.dat, which I never really do in FF for just a combo, but didn't know if FFvTR needed it.

The strings.dat only serves for showing the attribute in the game attribute list. I usually just write the line in ffxmulty.py and then add the attribute to the ezhero list [tools>add custom attribute..] with the same name i used. Then i just give the attribute to any char using ezhero, and it works as long as there is no typing-errors.

While we're on the subject of scripting and whatnot. I have a question as it's been a while for me. I see with your hero files that you've been posting, you include a M25 AI file, which is great! My question is; How do you incorporate it into the game? I can't seem to remember sort of using FFedit to brand the character, I think. Like I said, it's been a while.  :blink:

oktokels

I use a python encoder [pycharm] to open the m25ai files. These files usually are located in AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes, along with the .HERO files and .PY files [python].

oktokels

A first basic m25ai file is created when you enter your custom characters in FFX TOOL - M25AI GENERATOR game mode.

seraglio

I have Alex's Hero Editor, version 3.7. I looked at this functionality. tools>add custom attribute brought up a text file. I added my entries. I saved the notepad text file. It created an attrib.ini file in the root game directory. What is this file? Was it here before? I'm confused because I don't know how it interacts with attributes.dat, ffxmulti.py, and strings. I did the "refresh attributes" option in the same menu, whatever that really does. It didn't resolve the problem. Still working on it...but thanks, I hadn't thought to use a hero editor to see if I got different results.

oktokels

It should look like this...hope it helps in someway  :doh:

OrWolvie1

Indeed it does. Thank you so very much for this. As soon as I get something resembling free time, I'll try it out and see how it works for me.  :thumbup: