Exporting a NIF model in pose with Nifskope

Started by Roseweave, November 21, 2019, 03:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roseweave

Basically when I open this model in Nifskope it looks like this -

But exporting to OBJ ends up giving me this in blender -

I think what I basically need to do is to be able to "apply" the skinning which doesn't apply to OBJ before it's exported, similar to how you "apply" the armature modifier in Blender.

Are there any suggestions on how to do this? Otherwise I'd have to re-rig the model and move everything back into place, which I'll do as a last resort.

SickAlice

Most often in Blender the rest pose is different then the display pose in Nifskope. My shortcut to all of the above is to keep base nifs like male and female basic for example that have good rest and display poses. Then while making costume pieces I put the new body in one of those nifs so I can line everything up. Then when it's all done moves everything back over to the nif in question. So something with a T or Y pose in otherwords.

Roseweave

IS there any way in Nifskope to make a new "rest" pose based on the skinning?

SickAlice

I have no idea what a "pose based on the skinning" even means sorry. But if you want to export an obj in the pose it is in Blender export both the model and the armature. If you don't export the armature with it then the model loses it's skeleton thus it's pose as well.

Edit: Sorry I forgot, before exporting the obj press Control+A to select all of it. That initiates "save selected". The object won't retain the skeleton in other 3d programs but this puts the pose info, which is in the skeleton into the obj.