Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: Brand new scope help, Take 2...  (Read 149 times)

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
Brand new scope help, Take 2...
« on: August 28, 2019, 10:36:45 PM »
I'm trying to give Spacehawk a different raygun. I've given Captain Swastika a set of Lugers and an MP40, and it worked, but Spacehawk here sin't quite turning out.

As you can see, the gun hides like it's supposed to in the first picture, and in the middle pic you can see it where it belongs. It is pasted to the original raygun. However, when he fires it, I get the third pic; the gun never moves from the postilion I have in Nifscope. It's also too shiny, but I think I can fix that.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 02:24:33 AM by daglob »

Offline Cyber Burn

Re: Brand new scope help.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:36:13 AM »
 :ff: or  :ffvstr: ?

Offline daglob

• Da Glob
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »
FF1. I'm guessing the gun is FF1, because my first choice wasn't, and Nifscope told me. I have been having good luck converting scopes since I to the newer Nfiscope, so I've been doing all the scopes in FF1 first.

I may try using Blender to convert the Ffv3R guns to FF1.

Or... I know how to import an object file, but I don't know if it will appear and disappear with the appropriate animation if I do.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:24:08 AM by daglob »

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 01:47:00 AM »
Blender can import the (.obj) File into an FF1 version without problem. Some files import easier than others though.

Offline detourne_me

• Manipulator of mental motion sickness
    • Force of Paradox!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 04:27:36 AM »
Could it possibly be because you are using a Tommyboy mesh? He animates guns differently than other meshers. From what I remember, his guns are all pasted on the scene root and weighted with a skin instance. For any of my skopes where I used a Tommyboy base, I had to copy the bone weights for each gun I wanted to change in Blender. Look at my MAA_Hit-Monkey skope for an example. I could never just replace the gun in a Tommyboy mesh.

Offline daglob

• Da Glob
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
Could it possibly be because you are using a Tommyboy mesh? He animates guns differently than other meshers. From what I remember, his guns are all pasted on the scene root and weighted with a skin instance. For any of my skopes where I used a Tommyboy base, I had to copy the bone weights for each gun I wanted to change in Blender. Look at my MAA_Hit-Monkey skope for an example. I could never just replace the gun in a Tommyboy mesh.

That may be more than I want to do. Still, I can always use the old gun, and I'm not sending this to Alex until next month, or the next. I'll look at Hit Monkey.

Thanks!

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 10:57:53 PM »
Iíve actually never seen that happen before. Iím pretty curious now. Could you please send him my way, I would love to check it out (not that I really have the time or anything, but Iím just really curious).

Offline daglob

• Da Glob
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 11:55:49 PM »
On it's way shortly.

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 07:54:37 PM »
Ok, I just took a quick look at it, and I think it should be a pretty quick fix.

Offline daglob

• Da Glob
Re: Brand new scope help, Take 2...
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »
Okay, y'all remember this:

Does anyone know how to make it do that deliberately?