Favorite Halloween Movie...

Started by daglob, October 10, 2019, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

UnkoMan

Ooo... That's a good pick!
Would it be cliche to say my favourite Halloween movie is the original Halloween? I love it.

Actually, in my youthful days I would watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show every October.
I'd watch The Halloween Tree and stuff like that also, of course, but Rocky Horror was the treat.

OrWolvie1

Oh, the list is endless;

Original Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street 1-5, The Blob, Not a big Friday the 13 franchise fan though, and Jeepers Keepers 1-3 for starters.

daglob

My granddaughter's favorite is probably Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein. It's about time for me to start running all the old Universal Monster movies. Even if I'm not watching them directly, the movie plays in my head. There's also The Last Man on Earth (NOT The Omega Man), The Raven (with the best wizard battle ever before Harry Potter, and I like the two '90s Addams Family movies. I could top it all off with The Outer Limits and The Addams Family TV series.

GhostMachine

My list would be far too long.

Arsenic and Old Lace is one of my favorites, but I usually don't watch it around Halloween.

I do enjoy a good slasher film once in a while, but my favorite horror movies are those that rely on scares more than gore or that actually make you think. And I'll take Vincent Price over Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers or Pinhead any day of the week.

I'll toss out The Mad Magician as a recommendation for a Vincent Price film for Halloween.

daglob

Just about anything by Vincent Price is an enjoyable movie.

SickAlice

Return Of The Living Dead. Not the best horror movie ever but it has nostalgia for me from my teens so it gets a spot in my Halloween movie marathon proper.

kkhohoho

The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

daglob

UnkoMan

Gremlins is a Christmas movie, though.
That's one I watch every year.

I do love Vincent Price.
He adds a little class to anything he's in. My VHS of Witchfinder General sits prized in the collection. I'd love to get my hands on Dr. Phibes.
I even fast forwarded through The Monster Club again this year.  Even in that stinker, his presence is a welcome warmth.

Maybe my problem is watching these movies too often, so not considering them "Halloween" movies per say. Ha ha ha.
Not like, say, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
Now if it was a favourite macabre movie list... that would be an endless endeavor.