News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Deathlok

Started by Jimaras8, December 12, 2019, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

What are my options out there for ol' Deathlok? I already have C6 skin for the basic_belt_holster and i was wondering what other skopes and skins are in the interwebs?

daglob

Tommy has a Deathlok at his site. and there is An X-Force Deathlok. There is a very old skin by Mandate, also.

Jimaras8

I remember the tm mesh. I'm looking for a more classic Deathlok so the X-force one wont do. Has C6 made any skin for any version of him?

Oh and Dag if you dont mind me asking an unrelated question do you have a fast and easy way to crop images and make portraits for the characters?

daglob

Sent you a PM.

Also: the TM skin is the only one for Deathlok by C6 that I know of. With a little work, you could probably adapt the C6 skin to Tommy's mesh.

Jimaras8

Thanks for the dm. Unfortunately nifskope is a tool im mostoy unfamiliar with. Do you know someone willing to lend a hand? Is CB still around or has he retired?

daglob

I just tried it, and it's not too bad. Just replace the Male Basic textures from the TM version in a copy of Tommy's standard.

Cyber Burn

I could set something up so that no kittbashing would be involved, would happen to have a specific Mesh in mind?

daglob

I might can do a skin, but that is still a day or two away.

Jimaras8

Thank you both for your replies. Dag the skin is great, unfortunately it doesnt have a rifle although the animation is there but i'm sure that was tommy's choice. For now Mr Collins will have to rainchecked. Thank you for the effort anyway, i'm sure i will use the skin eventually.

Cb, i have sent you an e-mail about an fx so if you could have the time and desire to tackle this, i would be grateful. If not, i will understand   :D

daglob

It's not the skin, it's the mesh. If I get time today I'll look at it and see; sometimes you can add a weapon to a Tommy mesh and it works fine; other times...

Jimaras8

Yes, i know that's why imentioned it was tommy's choice to not include the rifler. It's exact same mesh with the AA's cable but he has a rifle in this one. I wish i could help you further but i never managed to learn a lot about skoping.

Cyber Burn

I'm not sure what the end result is of what your looking to do, but have you tried Tommy's "Comedian_Tf" Mesh?

Jim, I don't check that account very often anymore, but I can try and take a quick look at it in NifSkope. My game disk is packed away again because I needed to get rid of the distraction until I finished the semester for work and school. So even if I check the FX out, I still wouldn't be able to check it out in game.

daglob

I'm actually thinking one of the Nick Fury or Punisher meshes.

Jimaras8

Dont worry about it CB, i can check it in-game. I only need for the golden eye to not flash in and out. Don't worry if it doesnt work.

I will also try the comedian_tf see if it's closer to what i'm looking for.

Cyber Burn

You could also try the "Crossfire_Gren" Mesh. That has a Sniper Rifle and a Pistol.

Jimaras8

Happy New Year to both of you fellas and to everyone in this wonderful community. Daglob i checked the skope, looks pretty damn good and pretty complete to me  :D. It looks pretty close to what i imagined in my head, thank you again.

CB, did you have any luck with the FX or is it a tough nut to crack?

An unrelated question that has been bugging me for a while. is it better to generate AIs before you add characters to dat or AFTER? Does it make any difference at all?

daglob

It has a few problems. I've just been too busy to ask for help.