Catwoman (Batman Returns/Michelle Pfeiffer) model with new skin!

Started by mr_nygren, October 29, 2019, 03:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_nygren

Hello, i've made a new and in my own opinion better version of Catwoman from the movie Batman Returns staring Michelle Pfeiffer- for the game  :ffvstr:.

One member in this forum, Daglob i think, sent me two old Catwoman models of Catwoman from the movie "Batman Returns". I did since merge the skin of one of the models with the face of the other using GIMP.

"First to the left:

Old Catwoman (Batman Returns/Michelle Pfeiffer) dated 2007, author unknown- i used it's skin as a base, and it's model -and moved over the face from the other skin.

In the Middle:

Old Catwoman (Batman Returns/Michelle Pfeiffer) by Sfomark dated 2003. I took the face from this models skin and applied it manually on the other skin from 2007.

Third to the right:

New Catwoman (Batman Returns/Michelle Pfeiffer) finished by Mr_Nygren (me) in august 2019- by manually merging the 2007 model/skin with the face of the 2003 skin."

"Body of the 2007 Catwoman model merged with face by Sfomark from 2003 - By Mr_Nygren in 2019.

Permissions: Use in any mod and improve it if you like, just credit the original creators of the mesh and facial skin- and me for the edit of the skin and the new portrait.

I spent a few hours adding the face to the skin from 2007, by using GIMP and moving it over from the older skin from 2003 manually."

"Character selection screen."

"In the game- running from behind."

"In the game - standing."

Download-link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxe0srpukzn0ua3/Catwoman_%2528Batman_Returns%2529.rar/file

README:

Body of the 2007 Catwoman model merged with face by Sfomark from 2003 - By Mr_Nygren in 2019.

Permissions: Use in any mod and improve it if you like, just credit the original creators of the mesh and facial skin- and me for the edit of the skin and the new portrait.

Tomato

Please don't take what I have to say the wrong way, but what you've done here is called kittbashing, ie: taking work from one artist and making minor edits. It's not against the rules or anything(heck, it's how most of us learned to skin), and the fact that you've given proper credit is a good thing. However, you should be aware that some skinners do not like having their work modified and redistributed without their permission. You'll *probably* be ok in this case because most skinners just want proper credit (and though you didn't credit the first skin, it's only because you don't know who it was and I feel like you'd credit them if you found out from someone now that it's posted) but it's better to ask first and there are a few who are more strict and I don't want you stepping on toes you don't mean to.

That said, here are a few helpful threads:

Kittbashing 101 (what it is, some background, etc)

Permission list (a bunch of skinners have already given blanket permission so long as we're credited, but this list also documents who's said no and/or has specific requirements)

mr_nygren

Quote from: Tomato on October 29, 2019, 04:17:34 PM
Please don't take what I have to say the wrong way, but what you've done here is called kittbashing, ie: taking work from one artist and making minor edits. It's not against the rules or anything(heck, it's how most of us learned to skin), and the fact that you've given proper credit is a good thing. However, you should be aware that some skinners do not like having their work modified and redistributed without their permission. You'll *probably* be ok in this case because most skinners just want proper credit (and though you didn't credit the first skin, it's only because you don't know who it was and I feel like you'd credit them if you found out from someone now that it's posted) but it's better to ask first and there are a few who are more strict and I don't want you stepping on toes you don't mean to.

That said, here are a few helpful threads:

Kittbashing 101 (what it is, some background, etc)

Permission list (a bunch of skinners have already given blanket permission so long as we're credited, but this list also documents who's said no and/or has specific requirements)

Yes, the Sfomark model/skin from 2003 had a README which gave permission:

"Skin Name: Catwoman_Returns
Mesh Model: female_bald_points69 - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bobby69Meshes1/files/
Author: Sfomark
Email: Sfomark2@aol.com.com
Universe: DC

Description: Catwoman "Selina Kyle" as portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns

-------------------------------------------------------

Permission is given to use in mods. Just give me credit for the skin:)

enclosed: also find catwoman.wav and thrall.wav
these sound files from the movie can be used to attach to FX's
"

The 2007 base-model had the following text:

"Original Author:   Gladiator
E-Mail:         amacon18@yahoo.com

Programs Used:   Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition

Instructions:   Just unzip all these files to your
      (mesh name)

Copyright/Permissions:
This is a origanal idea and skin of my own creation. Authors may use this skin as a base to build additional
skins. However, it must not be sold, without permission from the author. and please give me credit, for what was used from my skin.

You MAY distribute this ZIP, provided you include this file, with no modifications.  "

But the Catwoman skin from "Batman Returns" of his model dated 2007 had no stated creator.