Compatibility of FF Hero files to FFv3R?

Started by Lt. Vulture, February 16, 2020, 01:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt. Vulture

Hey all, I'm wondering, are old FF files compatible with FFv3R?  Can I just dump them in the custom characters folder and rock away?

Also, whatever happened to just downloading premade hero files from other community members?  I've done some searching in the forum, but all I see is people describing how they made their hero files, but not actually giving a download link.  Has something changed in the 10 years I've been gone?

daglob

A lot has disappeared in the past ten years. The EZHero program from Alex's Freedom Fortress has a 'Save As' choice that will let you save a FF1 file as a 3R file. I've never used it that I can remember, but the program itself is invaluable.

http://www.alexff.com/index.php

It's with the "Goodies".

spydermann93

Ehh... kind of. You can plop them into your heroes folder, but you may have to modify a few things such as Energy Cost, Active Defenses, and Passive Defense animations (they default to area_1 or whatever your character's first alphabetical keyframe is). Other than that, it's pretty easy to transfer them.

As for sharing hero files, I'd love to but I keep reworking mine every few weeks cuz I get these weird changes in how my balancing should be done. That and I modify my keyframes every now and then and that can make hero file transfers a bit wonky. I do have some backups that I can share, though.

Lt. Vulture

Thank you both for the replies, I really appreciate it!

I played with making a custom hero in FFv3r, and saved it, but I don't have a "Heros" folder in my FFv3R directory.  Where is it keeping the Hero File at?

daglob

Mine are in "C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Local\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Heroes". I put a link to my desktop to be able to locate it easily.

Lt. Vulture

Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused.   I've made two custom heros, using the in-game character creator.  However, I don't see a folder, or the files for their hero files in the Freedom Force vs the Third Reich folder.  What am I missing?

Lt. Vulture

Never mind I found it.  Apparently FFv3R keeps the Hero files under your "local settings" different from where the game installed.  Sheesh.

BentonGrey

Yeah, why the heck they stuck the heroes way the heck in that random spot I'll never know.  I wish they were still in the game folder like the first one, way easier.  I created a shortcut to that hidden directory and stuck it in my Custom folder to simplify things for myself.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I keep a shortcut to that folder right in my FF directory. Helps get around all that nonsense.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/