YAHOO GROUPS WARNING: BULK DONWLOADER!!!

Started by daglob, November 15, 2019, 08:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Just reminding everyone that all the files in all the Yahoo Groups will be deleted on December 14th (I know, I was kind of distracted yesterday).

I have all the ones I know about starting here in The Living List:

http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=58687.msg811848#msg811848

oktokels

Here's a page with a lot of links to specific meshes. These links usually redirect to old yahoo groups pages, where you have to delete the ".games" from the link to enter the group. I don't have all of these, just the ones i need right now, but if someone is willing to compile all of these, it would be great

http://gpwarehouse.freedomforceforever.com/mmesh/index.php

OrWolvie1

Quote from: oktokels on November 15, 2019, 08:26:11 PM
Here's a page with a lot of links to specific meshes. These links usually redirect to old yahoo groups pages, where you have to delete the ".games" from the link to enter the group. I don't have all of these, just the ones i need right now, but if someone is willing to compile all of these, it would be great

http://gpwarehouse.freedomforceforever.com/mmesh/index.php

I have a vast portion of these as I've been trying to snag as much stuff from the Yahoo groups that I have before they disappear forever. Send me a list of the ones you need when you need them and I'll see what I've got

oktokels

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on November 15, 2019, 11:05:49 PMI have a vast portion of these as I've been trying to snag as much stuff from the Yahoo groups that I have before they disappear forever. Send me a list of the ones you need when you need them and I'll see what I've got

Fantastic !!!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

daglob

SickAlice

I sort of am not worried. I figure some of you back up all this stuff on the regular and at some point we'll probably see a site hosting all that stuff.

daglob

daglob

Yahoo sent me an e-mail saying that I could use their "bulk downloader" to get all the stuff out of my groups. That is, MY groups. Everyone else would need to get their own.

But anyway, one week left!

daglob

Yep, that's all. I have set up my groups with the bulk down loader, and we will see what happens.

daglob

daglob

daglob

Just started looking in my files from Yahoo's bulk down loader, and apparently they meant they would fix you up with every file from every group you belong to. I misunderstood and thought they just meant the groups I own.

One day left, and they say if you log into the down loader, they will not erase anything until all your groups have been sorted and the data saved into a file for you.

Cyber Burn

I was a bit worried about this because I had to get rid of my Yahoo email account awhile back because someone started spamming the hell out of me, fortunately, I had linked a Gmail account to all of my groups and listed that as owner, so it looks like I might be able to download everything after all.

Panther_Gunn

Have we, as a community, or even just a small group of us, come to a consensus as to what our best, free, option is for individual hosting now?  If I'm going to set something up, I don't want this to be another VHS to DVD to BlueRay thing all over again.  I wanna pick one thing & stick with it.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

daglob

PG, I suggest you start a new thread to let everyone know about it.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on December 19, 2019, 02:04:19 AM
Have we, as a community, or even just a small group of us, come to a consensus as to what our best, free, option is for individual hosting now?  If I'm going to set something up, I don't want this to be another VHS to DVD to BlueRay thing all over again.  I wanna pick one thing & stick with it.

It's been a while since I've added anyone, but I've still got room on freedomforceforever.com for anyone who needs it.

I also wouldn't be opposed to someone setting up something like the Mod Graveyard for the dead Yahoo groups. Actually the Mod Graveyard could probably use a revamp to, but I've neither the time nor inclination. Anyone's welcome to try though if they do.  Just let me know and I'll get you hooked up.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Cyber Burn

If all goes as planned, come summer, I'm hoping to have some free time to get back into FF. Since I want to rebuild my Resources Site, Cat, I might be interested in at least starting this.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Cyber Burn on December 24, 2019, 07:33:38 PM
If all goes as planned, come summer, I'm hoping to have some free time to get back into FF. Since I want to rebuild my Resources Site, Cat, I might be interested in at least starting this.

Well I can host you if you want me to. Just shoot me a PM when the time comes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.