News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

modding

Started by Portal, November 30, 2019, 07:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portal

I've got it in my head that I'd like to try modding for  :ffvstr:.  What programs would I need beyond FFX 3.x to make modding as easy as it can be?

I'll probably need specific meshes made too if possible.  I'm thinking of doing a future team ran by Son of Liberty (what Liberty Lad would have became would the game series have continued) and Sea Urchin (who I'd need an older mesh for (teen instead of young child)).

daglob

http://epimethee.webfactional.com/ff/naitvalis/

Nait has "adult" versions of Liberty Lad (although he is supposed to be evil) and Sea Urchin, and I know others exist.

Portal

I found the adult Sea Urchin, and one I can use for the adult Liberty Lad (though it's different than what the developers had in mind for his future), thank you for the head's up.

Is there any software for  :ffvstr: to help with mod design as there was with  :ff:?

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Portal on December 01, 2019, 12:58:21 PM
I found the adult Sea Urchin, and one I can use for the adult Liberty Lad (though it's different than what the developers had in mind for his future), thank you for the head's up.

Is there any software for  :ffvstr: to help with mod design as there was with  :ff:?

Hello and welcome to the hectic, frustrating world of modding  :D I know there are several tutorials out there to help new modders set things up as well as a very useful tool called EZscript for setting up encounters and whatnot. I know that CB has a yahoo page with several helpful files for that. If you'd like, I can send you what I have and can try and help in anyway that I can. One of the best sources of information is BentonGrey, but he's got a lot on his plate these days so it may take a bit to hear back from him. I know his help has been invaluable in helping me get my mods going, thought they are very much still a work in progress. Feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like with an address where to send the information that I have, if you're interested.

Cyber Burn

Is  this more of what you were thinking of?

Something I've been messing with on and off for quite a while now in between everything life's been throwing at me. Major thanks to Detourne_Me for the base Skope. Still a heavy work in progress though.

OrWolvie1

Portal

CB, that's exactly what I had in mind!

Cyber Burn

I've actually been sitting on this for a looong time now, never been able to complete it to my satisfaction.

daglob

Maybe switch all the pieces to a Taskmaster mesh? One thing that bothers me about Tommy's TV meshes is that some of the weapons are always in the character's hands.