The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly... Trying to reason with hurricane season 2021

Started by daglob, December 20, 2019, 12:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Apparently, I have reached some kind of saturation point, and am having even more side effects. I'm sick longer each week and the numbness in my hands may be neurapathy after all, just a pinched nerve is making it asymmetrical.  I know I kept track last time, but is this time worse? It seems like it.

BentonGrey

I'm sorry my friend.  That sounds really rough.  I hope and pray it will get better soon.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Apparently, the "fever blisters" on my face are some kind of pre-cancerous lesion caused by the chemo. I thought the cancer was supposed to be killed by the chemo...

Anyway, the dermatologist froze them off, and, curse the luck, I didn't spontaneously frost up all over and start shooting ice beams. :angry:

BentonGrey

It really seems like ONE of these procedures would give you superpowers.  Have comics been lying to us all these years?

Man, that stinks, DG.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

cranlox

:wacko:
You're really having a hard time, a lot of strength brother

daglob

I'm getting a 2-week break from the chemo. The side effects are accumulating too fast.

BentonGrey

Well, at least you'll get a chance to catch your breath.  I hope you'll get to feeling better soon.
God Bless

WyldFyre

I am so sorry to hear about his DG. I have a family member battling chemo as well. I hope you can feel better soon.
For Freedom!

SickAlice

You know the usual, can't wait to read about the day you're on the other end of this struggle and get some relief. My parents are still up at Mayo but they're getting pensive. Stepdad got the terminal diagnosis so to them it sort of feels like theirs no point. I imagine and from memory of my own trials the routine is getting to them more and you as well. I was at a point myself where whenever I filled out my job on a form, which at that point was always one for a hospital or another, I wrote "occupational patient". Just don't let yourself lose sight of what you're fighting for buddy and that is again to get to the day where things a little easier.

daglob

That's right: doctors. I've seen a dermatologist and a neurologist during my chemo hiatus. The dermatologist said that the fever blisters were actually cancerous, so she froze the worst of them and gave me a cream to kill the others. So far that worked. The neurologist says that the effects in my hands are neuropathy, and my feet are probably worse; he will set up tests to see how bad.

The problem with my feet is that they hurt. They feel like the bones are broken, and putting weight on them causes them to shift. Sometimes they hurt worse, sometimes they hurt less, but they always hurt. This may pass, and they will just be even number than before. The numbness was also heading up my legs towards my knees, and that was making it a strain to actually walk. The step up on a curb and even the one step into my house were getting harder and harder. Fortunately, I live in one-level house, although the cats are a bit of a trip hazard. I realized after the first time I had chemo that I was feeling the pressure of the gas pedal and brake in my ankles, but if they go numb...

The problem with my hands is that they quit working. Y'all may have noticed that I comment in a text less and less frequently. Usually responding with an emoticon if we had one that would do. I could barely touch type, and still can't type if I don't at least look at the keyboard, and my pinky and ring fingers felt like they were asleep. They trembled all the time, and the other fingers would occasionally twitch, and if I was holding anything it head for the floor. I had no grip strength, and it was affecting my lower arms.  I also couldn't feel a pencil, and could barely write. Art was out of the question besides Photoshop being contrary. After I stopped the chemo, most of the feeling came back to my hands (and my legs), but my pinkies are still asleep (if more usable).

The oncologist started me back on both the chemo's, on lower doses. He hopes that this will give my body a chance to fight off the side effects. I guess we'll see. Now I'd like to know why my PSA is up for the first time in years...

naitvalis

I can't imagine the strength you need to go through all of this Dag, i hope you could feel better, don't give up.

SickAlice

Have noticed you're less responsive and tend to type shorthand but figured what was up. I don't envy you. I do have to do the whole derm/cut/burn thing myself but am taking a bit of time about it and granted issues with getting into a doctor during these times. Mostly just not anxious to be in your shoes again there.

Podmark

That's really rough, Daglob. I hope things get easier with the lower dosage.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Man, yeah, that is really tough, DG.  Everyone else has already said it.  You always amaze me, man.  The way you keep going and keep your head up is inspiring.  As Pod said, I hope that the lower dose is easier to handle.  You're always in my prayers, my friend.
God Bless

daglob

daglob

Oh, great... waterspouts off Dauphin Island (about 30 miles south)...

BentonGrey

I saw a waterspout out at sea once, years ago.  That's a sight I'm in no hurry to see again.  Stay safe, my friend.
God Bless

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

SickAlice

Stating more of the obvious as usual I know but that does not bode well at all. I finished reading FEMA's outline for an active storm season plus pandemic on top of strained public and resource and it's rocky, mostly details the issue with little resolution to offer. In their defense this isn't something one general get's ready for and is equally difficult to come up with solutions to as a hurricane season itself already is on it's own. I worry for everyone in the South and most especially a person in your compromised situation.

daglob

My daughter got me enough groceries to be sure I can weather the storm, and my son-in-law came by and filled up my car (which I shouldn't drive until I can feel my feet). All in all, I am relatively safe from flooding, since I am 10 feet higher than the road to the south, and there is nothing higher between there and The Gulf. At elevation 175, it is doubtful I will have those problems. Trees falling on the house and wind damage, though...I had to cancel my wind damage policy since they wanted $50K worth of improvements to the house to continue coverage. Oh, I could continue to pay, but they said flat out that they would deny any claim that came in unless I made the improvements. Fat chance...

The tide came in around noon and the wind didn't let it out again. The Causeway is flooded, and they are having alligators washing out of the delta and getting hung up on the road. Poor little 'gators. A lot of the streets around town are closed, "just in case", because if a spring shower pops up in the afternoon, these places are submerged. Roads on Dauphin Island have closed, and no one is allowed on the Island unless they have property or business there. That will stop eventually and no one will be allowed on or off. Gulf Shores is pretty much the same.

I haven't lost power the past few storms, but it is possible that You might not hear from me for a couple of days; I'll see if my daughter can drop a message from her phone, but I don't know. I'm not worried (much), but Diego seems to be. Of course, not long ago he would have been out in this.

And it is worse the further west you go...

daglob

SickAlice

A reluctance to being in the Mohave. Sand is the forecast, always more or less. Brown outs during monsoon season of course, trying my tail off to get a gas genny here with some of the left over stimulus check. One of those saved my bacon more times than not during brown outs in winter when we lived in the Smokey's.

Glad you pulled through, also that you got people who help you out. My neighbors grandson helps her after the stroke, good kid. It's nice to see and read stuff like that in contrast to all the news focused on people doing bad things.

* edit: Jeez loiz that storm is hitting my mom and stepdad...in NE Wisconsin?!

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on June 08, 2020, 04:54:53 PM
A reluctance to being in the Mohave. Sand is the forecast, always more or less. Brown outs during monsoon season of course, trying my tail off to get a gas genny here with some of the left over stimulus check. One of those saved my bacon more times than not during brown outs in winter when we lived in the Smokey's.

Glad you pulled through, also that you got people who help you out. My neighbors grandson helps her after the stroke, good kid. It's nice to see and read stuff like that in contrast to all the news focused on people doing bad things.

* edit: Jeez loiz that storm is hitting my mom and stepdad...in NE Wisconsin?!

Fredrick, which was the worst storm I ever experienced, flattened Mobile then went up around West Virginia and killed a bunch of people.

I look a bit like I'm starting to rot away again. I almost wish one of those idiots who wander around maskless, gets in your face, and shout insults at you would decide to scream at me. I'd pull down my mask and say "What makes you think the mask is to protect me?

SickAlice

I haven't been in any serious hurricane action, tornado though major ones.

I had a man who was obnoxiously drunk the other day in my face and hanging on me, I fake coughed to get him to back off. I guess we have a new and easier deterrent for muggers now. 

BentonGrey

Yeah, the fake cough has taken on a whole new significance.

Glad you're safe, DG!
God Bless

daglob

Last night's Windows Update disabled my BRAND NEW GRAPHICS TABLET. I haven't rolled back the update yet, because the computer seems to be running reeeaaaallllyyy ssslllooowww, and I expect another update is in the works (I can't be the only one). One reason I got this tablet was that you went to their website and had to download WX compatible drivers, whereas WACOM has no plans to update any of their older tablets. When I get the desktop running (I just can't keep using this laptop), I will look back into getting a WACOM. However, some of the ones I looked at before the whole global pandemic have recently added warning that they were not compatible with WX. Seems the cut-off point is around $300.

CTool also quit. Fortunately, CTool2 is still working. For now.

SickAlice

Yeah I got that update too. Had a bunch of issues right after, could barely start the thing. I jiggered some settings and what not and got mine up to snub. That's expensive for a Wacom by the way given they're obsolete. This laptop is touch screen and started at $450 and came with a top of the line graphics card, so only $150 over the Wacom's going rate. Might as well just grab a touch screen laptop for $400 or less from Best Buy or Walmart if you have to get down like that.

daglob

...all these sores on my face: I'M TURNING INTO DEADPOOL!

Without the enhanced reflexes, healing factor, and gorgeous gals...  :(

SickAlice

daglob

... which is extremely high for someone without a prostate.