News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Animate Dead Duration

Started by Anecdote, February 16, 2020, 11:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anecdote

Hi there, I'm curious if it's possible to edit the animate dead state duration to possibly elongate it for a necromancy type appeal?

Thanks!

BentonGrey

Howdy Anecdote, I'm probably not the one to be of help, as my scripting knowledge is pretty non-existant, but I should think that would be possible.  I wouldn't know how to go about it, but that seems like a variable we could change.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Epimethee

Actually, if you have FFX 3.2 or later, the duration and behaviour of zombies is already changed (or it should be... I think the plugins were active by default). The Zombie improvement plugin increases the duration of zombies relative to the magnitude and level of the power (it also gives them the degenerative attribute and reduces the likehood that zombies from the same side attack each other). I can't really tell you much more, as I coded this 14 years ago and can't currently run the game. Still, you can open the FFX3\Missions\Scripts\ffxplugins\active\ffq_zombie\zombie.py file in a plain text editor. The relevant line to change the duration is line 110:

duration = (ffx.FFX_ObjectGetAttr(myMaster, 'ffq_zombie_powerlevel') * 5) + (ffx.FFX_ObjectGetAttr(myMaster, 'ffq_zombie_powermagnit') * 5) + 10

Modifying any of the numbers should change the duration.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com