Nick Craft skin for different mesh

Started by abenavides, May 15, 2020, 11:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

I'm trying to fix a bug that was reported in the FF Classic mod.

When Nick starts talking in Mission 5, game crashes as there is no head.nif for him in FFv3R.
Can't use the head.nif from FF as the game engines have different number of morph channels, so they are not compatible.

I looked through FFv3r for possible stand-in head and found blackjack seems close.
Of course, Irrational decided to skin them pretty differently !  :banghead:

So if anyone can help, I'm requesing one of these:
- a nick craft skin rearranged to match blackjack's
- a nick craft skin rearranged to match male_basic (there are ffv3r male_basic talking heads, right?)
- these are the quick fixes but open to any other suggestions ( I can go with 2d head in a pinch but hoping theres a better way)
Thx!
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

spydermann93

Would the Liberty Lad head.nif not work?

abenavides

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

abenavides

Unfortunately, Liberty lad is mapped differently too.
(and he has his mask as part of the mesh so it would look weird)
www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

So, having no artistic ability I can't help with the actual requests, but until you can get someone to fill them, you can always use the default head.nif that just uses the character's portrait.  That's not a perfect solution, but it would work as a stop-gap.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

abenavides

Thx Benton, I did put that in already as I check some other things on the mod.
I have C+ photoshop skills so I also made a quick attempt to rearrange the skin.
But it looks so scary , I went to the 2D head   :(
www.alexff.com

BentonGrey

Ha!  I know Tommy did a TV Head, which might work for Nick, maybe?  I don't remember if it were FF1 or 2....I THINK it was 2.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

abenavides

Might have to give that shot - would like mean reskinning, but might be easier for me than the blackjack one.
www.alexff.com

daglob

Somebody who can use Nifscope could possibly edit the head mesh to read from the Nick skin. I'll look, but at present I don't have very high hopes (Windows 10 issues).

abenavides

I tried that but it seemed to screw up the head nif  when I ran the mission.
Also, as nick skin is mapped differently, I'd still need a corrected skin
www.alexff.com

daglob

Quote from: abenavides on May 16, 2020, 08:26:00 PM
I tried that but it seemed to screw up the head nif  when I ran the mission.
Also, as nick skin is mapped differently, I'd still need a corrected skin

Nifscope will let you move the mapping around, but there are limits. I took one of Atomic Robot's Dirty Harry skins and made it fit Male Suit v2 with Gun, and moved other stuff around. I was talking about Tommy's head nif, not the others.

Cyber Burn

I think Nick has been on steroids or something... either that, or you need a real Skinner.

spydermann93

Man, Freedom Force messed up that blood transfusion really bad.

He's like Popeye, but with his thighs.

BentonGrey

God Bless

daglob

abenavides

:thumbup:
Yeah, eyes were the problem I had too :) but you did much better than me!
www.alexff.com

Panther_Gunn

:liberty: "Hey, Minuteman, I ..... I don't feel ... so ... good ...... *"

:minute: "Mentor!  What have you done to the lad?"

:mentor: "Rings of Rexor!  I didn't think you'd be back so soon!"

:amiss: "Well whaddya know?  Ol' chrome-dome *does* have a sense a humor."

:manbot: "I think the boy can skip leg day.  For a year."

:manowar: "Ye gods, man, I've seen smaller eyes on giant squid!"
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

naitvalis

Hey Alex i could do the transfer on male basic if you are still interested.

abenavides

Sure, that would be great.
(would be for Tommyboy's ffv3r head right? Is that the ffv3r male_basic we have?)
www.alexff.com

SuperPoweredYank

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 18, 2020, 10:27:12 PM
I think Nick has been on steroids or something... either that, or you need a real Skinner.

He looks like the work of a 12 year old attempting to draw an Anime art style on DeviantArt.  :D

...can you post that skin?

naitvalis

ok this is what i have for you my friend, hope can be of some use.----download link: https://files.fm/u/p5kszz2k
img free

SuperPoweredYank

abenavides

Thanks Nait! I'll try it out right now!
www.alexff.com