Got the game installed but what else do i need

Started by comic_nut, May 21, 2020, 03:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comic_nut

Hey guys I managed to get the gog version running on my new pc, still gotta mess with the screen size and location (its showing up on my main display when I want it starting on my second display) and have downloaded a bunch of meshes and skins

but what else do I need I see a lot of posts about FX packs hero files voice packs etc but I've no idea about any of that or how to install them is there an order to do it, and some skins are showing up as black and white blobs sometimes

any help would be appreciated as i want to try and give back to the community I've lurked in 

BentonGrey

Howdy CN, welcome aboard as a 'live' member.  ;)  I'd say your first stop should be Alex's FAQ, as it is a good way to get a handle on the basics:
http://www.alexff.com/faq.php

That will point you to EZFX and some other stuff, but as for your general questions, it really depends on what you want to do.  You CAN do tons and tons and TONS of stuff, but you don't have to go any further than your interset and energy takes you.  If you want some Herofile packs, they're around.  Cyber or DG could probably point you in the right direction (by the way, if those are hosted anywhere, I should add that to my site).  VPMAX is a great source of voice packs, and is very easy to install.  You can find that here:
http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=48923.0

Have you got FFX yet?  If not, you should definitely get that. 

But yeah, what are you really interested in? 

Also, if you give us details about the issues you're having, we can probably help better. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my Laptop and just had to re-install everything.  So because I needed PaintDotNet for work, I went a little out of order, but everything seems to work so far. Mind you, this is for the Disk version of  :ffvstr:

FFv3R (Basic):

01) DotNetFx (.NET Framework Version 1.1.4322) *If Neeeded/May Have Compatibility Issues*
02) DotNetFx (.NET Framework Version 4.7.2.)   *If Neeeded/May Have Compatibility Issues*

Paint.net.4.2.10.install

03) Base game (Disk Version)
04) FFvt3R Mod Tools (Alex's Site)
05) Super Hero TV
06) FFX 3.3
07) PFX 1.2
08) EZFX 6.0 (This was before I downloaded EZFX 6.1)

09) EZ Nif_V2.0
10) nifskope-1.1.3.36ebfdd-windows
11) python-2.6.6
12) blender-2.49b-windows
13) PyFFI-2.1.11.cefd181.win32
14) blender_nif_scripts-2.5.9.77b0815-windows

Every other extraneous add-on is a matter of merging Dat Files correctly. For example, Goggles' Map Pack, if you use it, uses FFX 3.2, but will still need EZFX installed into it if it doesn't already exist on your computer. Let's keep in mind that FFX 3.0 auto-detects, and comes with, Dat Files that are pre-configured to included EZFX.

Cyber Burn

And it's a given, anything you need, feel free to ask.  :D

comic_nut

guys thanks for the feedback youve been amazing

just curious im using the gog version of the game do you have any history getting these installed with it or should i be on the look out for things.

superhero tv automaticlly suggest here C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich

but my  :ffvstr: is in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich

sorry ps i can handle (i think) getting stuff installed on a pc im banjacked lol

once these are installed i can look for hero files and voice packs

abenavides

The old GOG installers used C:\GOG Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
and I still prefer that because it's shorter but you should be fine to install Superhero TV in
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich
if that's where you put your game.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.