News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

FFv3R portraits

Started by abenavides, May 24, 2020, 03:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abenavides

I know FFv3R portraits are "squished" (I have no better term :) ).
Is that all it is ? Does anyone know the exact way to make a FF portrait look a little better in FFv3R? (how much to squish?)
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

BentonGrey

Hmm, sorry man; I've never experimented with that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

UnkoMan

It's squished. You have to make it a different size and then convert.
Uhhh, sorry it's been so long that I cannot remember the size for the conversion! It's something simple though.

Maybe somebody else remembers? What is the size of the current portraits? That might spark me into remembering what it was suppose to be.

abenavides

I think the files are 64 by 128 pixels, in both games.
But when looking at them side by side, you can tell ffv3r is "squished"
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

UnkoMan

Yes, both files are the same, but FFvsTR squishes them sideways. (Height remains the same.)

Seeing the number did not remind me.

Sorry, my brain is fuzzy right now. Try starting with an image 64x120, get it how you like, then stretch it out to 64x128.
See what happens in game, when it gets squished back down.

I don't think that is the exact number, so you'll have to play with it.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, I had that mixed up. So actually you want to start with the image being the same height but slightly wider.
So height=128, width=around 70. I can't recall if it was actually 70, or a little more, sorry.
Then, after you have the portrait how you like, you resize it to 64x128, and it should end up correct in-game.

SickAlice

You could use an optical illusion, probably only good for a mod but at least that I know of  :ffvstr: can take advantage of alpha channels to trick out their size, shape and boarders. I never played with that much so can't give you details of it but just from an art background.

Edit: Updated mine too. How this works is if you use an alpha channel on a portrait the game automatically takes advantage of it. The idea is to change the boarder then of the profile pick in game and this can be used to make custom shaped boarders of course, like if you want a circle or shield icon shape for example. So the idea is the picture is still the same size but you would be using an alpha channel and both sides to lop off the difference while the clean portrait rests in the center thus creating the optical illusion of an unsquished image.

UnkoMan

Downloaded an old skin and looked at my portrait file. Updated my post!

abenavides

Thx ! I'll play around with it.
www.alexff.com