News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Content Question

Started by WyldFyre, May 25, 2020, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyldFyre

Hi guys. After a long time having to rebuild my computer and trying to salvage my files, I am hopefully back in business. As a result of YaHoo closing, there are a LOT of files not easily available. In the beginning, the FF Museum was for older skins that had no hosting anymore. Would people want/be okay with the museum hosting some of the yahoo stuff as well? I still owe Death's Jester a skin page of his older stuff, but would be wiling to try to save as much as possible of the content no longer hosted.

Only if It's okay though. Don't want to step on any toes.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

Obviously my opinion doesn't count for that much, as I'm not a skinner or mesher, but I say let's put everything up that seems reasonable (anybody who had their stuf fon a Yahoo group shouldn't mind it just being hosted somewhere) to make all that awesome stuff available and to help keep the community alive.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SuperPoweredYank

I'd say yes, we really need some sort of archive of FF works no longer available.

Cyber Burn

I would check some of the "Read Me" files of different content creators, some specifically state that they don't want their stuff hosted elsewhere.

WyldFyre

Yeah CB. I wouldn't put up anything specifically asked not to be. There is a LOT of content to sift through. In the next couple of weeks I will try to make a start of it and see what we can save.

edit: And I was not able to get everything before the fall of yahoo, so I will definitely be hitting you guys up for stuff as I go.
For Freedom!

BentonGrey

I think between all of us, we've got pretty much everything, but that would be awesome, WF. 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/