News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Multiplayer: How to get it to work?

Started by Dezuel, May 26, 2020, 05:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dezuel

Like the title of the topic, I am looking for a way to get Freedom force vs the third Reich to work in multiplayer. Does anyone here have a way to get this to work, that they know will do it?

I have tested various things myself but without success, even though I've been able to see another person's game in the lobby I cannot join it.

Any assistance would be appreciated. As there has been many people asking on how to get the game working over multiplayer.

//Dez

BentonGrey

I'd say make sure you're running the game in Administrator mode, and when you try to get into multiplayer, tab out and make sure that there are no messages about Windows blocking the connection.  You might even want to make an exception in Windows Firewall.

I don't know that these things will work, but those are my first thoughts.  Good luck!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Dezuel

Thank you for the reply, and I am sorry for not returning with a reply until now. I did try with administrator but it didn't work.

Is it a port thing you needs to do? If so, would anyone happen to know what you need to do?

spydermann93

It might be that you need Hamachi or something similar. A lot of these older games have issues working over the internet, but third party tools might be able to help.

I'm not sure about that, though, since I've never tried it, but maybe it works?