What site design/editor does anyone here use?

Started by SickAlice, May 29, 2020, 10:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

What it says on the tin. Ye Old web soft doesn't seem to play well with Windows 10 64 and frankly the layout options were bad anyways. Looking for something different.

abenavides

Is this just for writing html pages?

If so, I use Microsoft Expression Web 4 - it's a free download
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36179
www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

SickAlice

Is it all code or does it have visual interface? Like I said elsewhere I'm horrible at scripting. Sitespinner is what I was using but it just doesn't seem to play with the new OS. I think I also probably need HTML import. Sitespinner's templates where in ims which seems to be a format only used by them unless I missed something.

abenavides

It's got a visual WYSIWYG editor
it's similar to their old FrontPage software, though nicer.

www.alexff.com
Creator of EZ Danger Room, EZFX, EZHero, The JLA Mod, The X Mod, Superhero TV, & famous Hero Recipes, coming up: New mods.

SickAlice

Ha. Sorry I saw some images and the abbreviation came in my mind but I couldn't spell it out. Yeah actually it looks comparable to SS but a bit smoother. I'll give this one a go. At any rate it's not ninety plus bucks a month so if I have to learn some things that's okay.

SickAlice

Just to get ahead of this when I link a file to an image it shows my directory link on my hard drive. When I upload it to FTP will it automatically switch to the folder and file of the same name or do I need to edit the link manually?

abenavides

when I add images, it shows relative paths for me like : "\images\somepic.jpg". When I ftp it all works as it's all the same on my server.

I'm just clicking the images button to add a pic and it seems to use relative paths.

www.alexff.com

SickAlice

Awesome, saves me a ton of trouble then. In SiteSpinner I didn't have that function, I had to edit the line manually for each and everything including where the image itself would be stored and enter the full future ftp path. Who knows, maybe with this I could finally devote some time to giving my page an actual layout lol?

SickAlice

Got a question, probably going to sound silly. How do you move an image you imported to the page? The sites manual just says left click on it, hold and drag it then let it go where I want it. Like any program. Except what happens is different. It first imports at the upper left corner of the page regardless (point 0,0). When I drag it to wherever regardless of how it only moves a teensy tiny hair from it's start position. At that rate it will take me an afternoon just to move one image. There has to be something the site doesn't say here, right? What am I missing?