News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Making sure everyone is safe

Started by Tomato, May 31, 2020, 01:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 20, 2020, 03:43:22 PM
Dana!  Great to see you, man!  I'm glad that you and yours are doing alright! 

It's good to see old friends still around.  Take care guys!
Hey, good to see you around and that you're doing okay too, BG!  As well as 🍅 and Sick Alice and others who are checking in.  I just wish I had been more active with FF stuff, but I've had too many health issues.  I even had a kidney stone myself, recently...it took 4 weeks to rid myself of it (even went to the ER)...ow!  It was horrible...LOL!

Best,

Dana

naitvalis

Condolences CQ, may God give you all the strength you need in this terrible moments.

SickAlice

Don't know whose in Texas but sending out the love, best I got for that.

daglob

Death's Jester is in Texas, but I don't think he is in the direct path. However, hurricanes are large things. we are getting feeder bands, with a little wind and periodic rain.

SickAlice

Well scratch all that then I guess. Stay safe buddy and anyone else. Praying you get a hail mary and that blows way East all the sudden. Actually stood in my back yard while feeding the birds and blew, ridiculous I know but it's all I got.

SickAlice

Kind of don't like posting because I feel like I'm hogging the thread but feel compelled to more than that to say unfortunately lots of love given in one too many directions to many places right now. The events over the past days in the world have been soul crushing to bare witness to and I pray the momentum shifts for people sooner than not.

videogamersadvocate

I agree SickAlice. This has been a terrible year and season for a lot of people. Keeping you all in my prayers.

SickAlice

Yeah 2020 is relentless. So many good souls lost for no good reasons.

SickAlice

Small update, still safe in this little isolated community, better off than most. I'm in the desert right on the border of SoCal. I haven't seen the sky in awhile and miss it, miss clouds. I'm susceptible to allergies and have breathing problems, big reason I moved to the desert in the first place. Now my lungs, sinuses and eyesight are totally buggered from the bad air. Else there's a concerning uprising in extreme and violent people here acting out whatever political based thing, mostly out of towners who are activists in some sort of anti-mask movement threatening and getting physical with the elderly who are masked. Taking Fauci's advice and hunkering down. Again this is minimal as far as I'm concerned but does make me concerned for other places as well for the rest of you here. Would love to see a raise of hands and updates to make sure everyone is hanging in as best as they can. 

cmdrkoenig67

Here!  Maine, "The Way Life Should Be", or something like that...LOL!  I'm alive...I really hope everyone else is doing well.  Sending out love!  :wub:

style

Sorry to hear about ur loss CQ I lost my wife in 2015
The Ultimate Fan!

GogglesPizanno

My once a year post.... I'm doing ok here in the pacific northwest -- though much like California, the fires have recently been a "thing". And while I haven't been an active poster in several years, I do pop on occasionally, and just wanted to let everyone know that this place is like a warm blanket for me.

To those that have experienced tragedy in this dumpster fire of a year, my heartfelt condolences go out.
To those that are doing their best to power through, we are all there with you.

SickAlice

This going to be half baked sorry. No need to worry about me. I'm joining my family, that is my mother and stepfather at the end of the month finally. They're both afflicted with cancer among other things, stepfather is terminal and I'm going full in as their caretaker, proudly I'll add as I think it's an honorable calling, I'm old fashioned I guess.

That said I have COVID and am autoimmune. I was real careful, wore mask, avoided people in fact I avoid people in general and have gone all but two places since the start of this but, well I can't control other people and have them be careful and this thing is just really virulent as it is protean so here I am. I'm alive so it's all good, lucky given the autoimmune factor of course, and I mean I'm typing this. So no worries and I'm over the hump at this point. What I will say from personal experience now is take this seriously and be afraid of it. When you see people play it down on the news and such playing it down is all they are doing when it's anything but. Note those people also more than likely have access to resources you do not nor ever will when it comes to coping with this thing. The best I can put it is I found myself struggling to live for awhile there. Mainly it falls to breathing or the sudden inability to do that very thing. Now I'm getting "better" but still afflicted. That struggle to breathe among other things of course makes any other life tasks very difficult. So my advice as a person that cares about and has a lot of faith in all the members of this community is take it seriously, research hard data and facts as opposed to what the media may spin and condense, practice whatever safety measures regardless of how silly or what a hindrance they seem. The trade-off really, really sucks and is a bad gig and you will be better off and happier without it.

Be well friends and the best to all of you and those you adore in these difficult times.

naitvalis

Its very kind of you Sa to think to the members of this community in your current health state, i hope you could have an improvement soon, as always here maybe you could find a little vacation from the bad toughts for a moment. Take care my friend.

SickAlice

Thanks. I'll pull through but more a heads up to anyone this thing is a real pain in the end-o. Also it's a part of why I paused with making stuff for Freedom Force. Immersing myself in anything for lengthy times is difficult, my body keeps getting in the way of that. My breathing is easier as of today though which is a great sign. Else I'm tough, I've lived through a lot of things and will live through this though it does make me think more about other people and concern for them. My parents of course whom are in Wisconsin right now and will be travelling across the country from there, that place is a hot mess currently.

BentonGrey

Oh man, SA, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I'm glad that you're pulling through, a blessing indeed!  We'll keep you in our prayers, my friend.  Your warning is well-taken.  You take care of yourself and focus on getting better.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/