News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Flight/Hover to Run.

Started by SickAlice, July 12, 2020, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

I'm positive this exists already if anything in the Archives but can't find it for the life of me. So simply if one is trying to take a flying or hovering animation and make a run or walk type animation of it what needs to be done there? The issue of course is the character is hovering off and above the ground and that's not how I want it to be. I attempted to just set everything low in the Translation set, I went with 1.000 for all settings just to experiment and get a feel for it on Bip01. Didn't really work of course, it seems like the whole thing is lower but flickers in and out of visibility. Thanks in advance, for reference the idea is to use a flying animation to give a penguin a belly sliding one.

SickAlice

Okay I figured it out. Talking to myself I know but hey, I'm amusing once I get to know me. Logging the process for posterity.

1. Picked a keyframe and went to it's Translations knowing that is where I control position on an axis, Scales controlling mainly visibility at a given moment and Quarternion for rotation. I screwed up straight away, the amount was high, 31 I think and I changed that to 2 because I am lazy knowing I may be deleting vital information or changing the nature of the animation in unwanted ways. And I did exactly that. This time I stuck with the original amount and edited every one of them. Off to dig through tutorials about the web to refresh myself here.

2. Tutorial states Biped 01 for movement animations, Biped 01 NonAccum for altitude and Pelvis for rotation/facing direction. Obvs NonAccum applies to native Third Reich nifs but not to male basic so Biped 01 is the choice here.

3. Not enough caffeine because I edited the wrong axis. Should have been obvious to note exactly on of them had a very high number in the twenties thus was what was for keeping the character off the ground during flight. Tutorial suggests Y but that's not true for our game. Ours is X for front to back (green axis in Skope), Y for left to right/side to side (red axis) and Z for up to down/north to south (blue). Lowered the number just above 1.0000. Worked like a charm without bugs. Now just to go in and out of the Rumble Room and tweak it to make it look better.

Good, we turned a flight animation into a belly slide. Naturally you will be able to see the result in the penguin release being first named fly animation also being the slide animation just in a different position. Now if a can just figure out rotation well enough someday to make hinges.