• Welcome to Freedom Reborn Archive.

Just finished me some MUA

Started by thalaw2, November 12, 2007, 05:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thalaw2

I finally beat MUA and it was cool.  I love the closing credits!   That's some funny stuff!  Anyway, now I can goback to being productive!

TheMarvell

funny you should mention this game. I got it last year, played about half way through it, then stopped for whatever reason (playing WoW if I recall correctly). I just recently picked it up again and will probably play it until Mass Effect comes out next week.

Which version do you have? I have the PS2 version, but I'm sort of tempted to double dip on the game and pick up the 360's Gold Edition. The new characters are appealing, particularly Hulk, Venom, Dr. Doom and Hawkeye (although I wish they included others that weren't merely X-Men, cus I think the game has enough of them already, especially after Legends. Did we really need Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Magneto and whoever else to play as again?), and it has some pretty nifty achievements.

However, I don't know if it's worth it. The game itself gets pretty tedious once you're half-way through, and I don't particularly care for having to do the whole thing over again. I don't know. It'd be cool to play it online though, if I knew anyone who had it, lol.

NomadX

Heh, I just bought the PS2 version a few days ago (haven't gone next-gen yet  :( ). I think I might be doing something wrong as my characters die alot on bosses. I swear I wasn't this bad at X-men Legends and my teammates would use powers better. Anyways, I'm gonna keep plugging away since I don't have any better games at the moment.

thalaw2

I played the PC version.  It's hard to get used to all the button mashing in the beginning (i used keyboard all the way through).  The graphics were fairly decent.  I found that Deadpool and Invisible Woman are darn near invincible, esp. Deadpool and Wolvie in the early going--they're healing factors are invaluable...I almost felt like it was too easy with them. 

With Invisible Woman you can use her shield to deflect melee attacks and or use her invisibility to sneak up on most enemies...including bosses.  I used her as my point guard, Iron Man at Center for muscle and flight, DP was my forward since he was good at slicing through chaos without dying, and (when he became available) Ghost Rider was my long range man.

Glitch Girl

Got the PS2 version, wish it had a gold version - I wanna play Nightcrawler!  :(

Anyhoo, I'v eplayed the game both solo and with a group (with multitap) and gotta say group play is very VERY fun, minus the occasional camera hiccup.  Favorite characters so far are Iceman (a hold over from XL2 for me - Frigid Aura is a real boon in Hell) and Captain America (nothing clears a room like his shield toss).  Invisible Woman is AMAZINGLY Powerful in this game if you put her in the right uniform (with her shield, you get to reflect both Melee AND Range damage).  Actually, the only characters I really don't like playing are Blade (generally pretty weak), Elektra (also weak) and Iron Man (good grief is he an energy hog).

The game is amazingly glitchy at times (or maybe it's just me ;) ) but it's still a lot of fun.  I'm not quite done completing all the disk missions yet but getting there.  (Good Grief, Spider Man's is a real pain!)

daerdevil

Quote from: TheMarvell on November 12, 2007, 10:30:11 PM
funny you should mention this game. I got it last year, played about half way through it, then stopped for whatever reason (playing WoW if I recall correctly). I just recently picked it up again and will probably play it until Mass Effect comes out next week.

I have the PS2 version, but I'm sort of tempted to double dip on the game and pick up the 360's Gold Edition. The game itself gets pretty tedious once you're half-way through, and I don't particularly care for having to do the whole thing over again. I don't know. It'd be cool to play it online though, if I knew anyone who had it, lol.

I did the same thing...got past Galactus and didn't want to go on until I unlocked the Silver Surfer, then I got caught up in CoV.  Never did finish this off, even though it's one of my faves.

Anyways, I'm about to get an XBox360 and I'm pretty sure I'll pick up the Gold version of MUA.  Hawkeye should never have been PSP only! 

I kept rotating the teams, but tended to keep DD, Elektra, Ghost Rider, and Powerman as my Heroes4Hire team.

TheMarvell

Quote from: daerdevil on November 18, 2007, 06:53:04 PM
I did the same thing...got past Galactus and didn't want to go on until I unlocked the Silver Surfer, then I got caught up in CoV.  Never did finish this off, even though it's one of my faves.

I read on how to unlock Silver Surfer and thought it was a pain in the butt (you have to beat all the characters training missions, and playing by yourself, it can get really hard) so I put in the code and had two Silver Surfer's on the Galactus level. XD

daerdevil

Yeah, I had like 6 more solo missions to go when I lost interest-- that Dr. Strange mission is near impossible, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to use the code on the Silver Surfer.  I admit I used the code to get Daredevil right from the start.  I mean really, Bullseye's your first enemy boss in the game and no Daredevil?

thalaw2

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 18, 2007, 06:04:51 PM
Got the PS2 version, wish it had a gold version - I wanna play Nightcrawler!  :(

Anyhoo, I'v eplayed the game both solo and with a group (with multitap) and gotta say group play is very VERY fun, minus the occasional camera hiccup.  Favorite characters so far are Iceman (a hold over from XL2 for me - Frigid Aura is a real boon in Hell) and Captain America (nothing clears a room like his shield toss).  Invisible Woman is AMAZINGLY Powerful in this game if you put her in the right uniform (with her shield, you get to reflect both Melee AND Range damage).  Actually, the only characters I really don't like playing are Blade (generally pretty weak), Elektra (also weak) and Iron Man (good grief is he an energy hog).

The game is amazingly glitchy at times (or maybe it's just me ;) ) but it's still a lot of fun.  I'm not quite done completing all the disk missions yet but getting there.  (Good Grief, Spider Man's is a real pain!)

In the early going I could not get the keyboard scheme down...I was trying to point and click then i discovered (about more than half way thorugh) that using the keyboard almost entirely was much easier esp. for executing combos--I must remember to RT(explicative)M in advance.  Now that I know I would like the play the game again using CAP because I loved his single mission.  Iron Man hogged power but he's a powerful power hog with good hand to hand and lifting ability. 

Verfall

All you need for the game is Deadpool with Blade Cyclone and Dual Shot with the 25% power damage item you get from Atumma and Iron Man with his buff that lowers energy costs by 35% or so. Those 2 alone will clear anything in no time. The cohesion between those 2 is just ridiculous.

thalaw2

Agreed....I passed most levels with Deadpool as the only survivor.

Anyway.....how about those closing credits.  I was nearly on the floor laughing.  It has all the characters doing voice tests and other craziness.  Good stuff!  My favorite was Galactus.