News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Recolor spark_blue_01 texture

Started by Jimaras8, September 08, 2024, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimaras8

Hello everyone, its been a while. I have had health issues that are still with me so i had to attend to those. I need a little help in recolouring a dds file. Namely spark_blue_01. I'm trying to give a metallic color but i cant seem to make it work in paint.net. If anyone has the file and could give a metallic colour like a sword, i would greatly appreciate it.

To give more info, its the main texture file of the shadow_shuriken fx. I'm trying to usethat fx for a Blade glaive attack.

spydermann93

Hey Jim!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're doing better, at least. Can't help you much with this issue, but just wanted to say welcome back!

DoctorRuina

Hello Jimaras8. First convert the file to .tga format. Then you can recolour it with paint or photoshop.

Jimaras8

Quote from: spydermann93 on September 08, 2024, 06:36:16 PMHey Jim!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're doing better, at least. Can't help you much with this issue, but just wanted to say welcome back!
Thanks a lot! I wish i was actually doing better but alas. It pains me to take such a long break, i have been slightly working the MA when i hve the time but truth is i'm not in shape to come back fully

Jimaras8

Quote from: DoctorRuina on September 08, 2024, 07:58:50 PMHello Jimaras8. First convert the file to .tga format. Then you can recolour it with paint or photoshop.
So any changes to the dds file wont work? it needs to be converted first?

Jimaras8

So Oktokels had a great idea to replace spark_blue with spark_silver but the FX still appears white in-game. There is also a secondary texture in the FX, teleport_purplegreen_01 but i have hid it with Nifskope so it shouldnt affect it. I just don't know how to make it silver. It's the shadow_shuriken fx btw for anyone who has the game