Suicide Squad - The movie

Started by thalaw2, December 03, 2014, 03:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

60 seconds on the clock...bing!

- Dark Reign Thunderbolts: The Movie
- " Thug Life " is stenciled on the backs of all their jackets
-  Will Smith mouth was saying " Really interested in the complex and layered Deadshot character yada yada ", face here " Damn. I suppose whatever keeps my aging self in the spotlight and as relevant as possible. I mean have you seen Madonna these days? The 80's, amiright? "
- Brought to you by Carls Jr.
- When the company is spending all the overhead on Superman and Justice League you work with whatever they give you and Pure Atlanta has left over on the valance shelf.
- Everyone's face is saying " Shoulder pads and straps. The 80's, amiright? "

Time.

There is a good wealth of qualified talent in this movie to it's credit so hopefully that will make it interesting. Else as we're just going by a visual here I think the style is garish and flat, sorry.

bat1987

Croc looks great. I see that they are going for arkham games vibe with Harley, but not a fan of the look. Boomerang didn't look like himself on The Flash either, but if the actor can pull it off, it can work, like it did there. Not a fan of the jacket on Katana, hopefully she wears something else for missions.

Also deadshot looks cool in full getup IMO, still think Will Smith is a weird choice though.

Midnite

JeyNyce

I can't get it out of my head  :banghead:

Killer Croc reminds me so much of Electro from Spidey 2
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Midnite

thalaw2

Quote from: JeyNyce on May 04, 2015, 04:12:30 PM
I can't get it out of my head  :banghead:

Killer Croc reminds me so much of Electro from Spidey 2
:bandwagon
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

Urg...the more I see it, the more I hate Harley's look.  They've completely lost the concept.  How does clown equate to biker chick?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

SickAlice

I'm one of those " Harley Hardcores " so I stick by pretty much anything they do with the character even if it doesn't make me do backflips. As long as the character gains more notoriety I'm for it. That said the more I see it the more I'm grimacing Benton. She looks like a fangirl at a Papa Roach concert. Nothing against them but that doesn't " say Harley ". I'm sold that this movie really does have some sort of contract with a specific clothing design company and is advertizing their product. It's a WB movie though that wouldn't be a shocker. No more than when I watch it and see a dragged out scene featuring some huge soda/Subway/IHop advert on the screen.

HarryTrotter

Because comicbooks are unrealistic,and thus everyone must wear black leather,or something like that??
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 11, 2015, 03:22:21 AM
Urg...the more I see it, the more I hate Harley's look.  They've completely lost the concept.  How does clown equate to biker chick?

Is that who she's supposed to be?!?!?!  The look is so far off that I didn't even suspect.  I thought she was someone else.  I was waiting for the Harley pics to be released.  You're right about the concept being lost.
革命不会被电视转播

crimsonquill

Okay, So we get one of her outfits in the Suicide Squad group shot... and suddenly folks are up in arms going "THIS ISN'T *MY* HARLEY! OMG! THEY RUINED HER FOREVER!!!!!!"...

Yet, We have gotten word that she has 8 to 10 different costume looks in the film... and they are gotten from ALL of her various looks in comics, cartoons, and even video games...

So, let me pull up a visual list...

Okay, THAT'S quite ALOT of looks from over just 15 years or so in several different incarnations. Yet the moment she isn't in her traditional female Jester outfit without holding her sledgehammer or popgun, it's rant time.

Oh, Plus her look in that group shot.. It's kinda similar to her current 52 look with her sexy hot pants and cleavage showing tops. Course lest I forget, Thanks to Convergence.. That's probably going to be changed back to her classic looks.. so let's pretend that never happened. *uses Men In Black memory eraser on himself*

*sigh* I give up!

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

bat1987

Quote from: crimsonquill on May 19, 2015, 03:19:40 AM
Course lest I forget, Thanks to Convergence.. That's probably going to be changed back to her classic looks.. so let's pretend that never happened. *uses Men In Black memory eraser on himself*

It won't. Harley is still in her new 52 outfit post covergence. Convergence is really not rebooting anything (it's just a filler event after all), any potential changes to characters are due to events in their own books. And while I'm not a huge fan of Harley's movie look, when you take arkham games and new 52 in consideration, it's really not that far off.

spydermann93

Quote from: bat1987 on May 19, 2015, 11:52:02 AM
Course lest I forget, Thanks to Convergence.. That's probably going to be changed back to her classic looks.. so let's pretend that never happened. *uses Men In Black memory eraser on himself*

It won't. Harley is still in her new 52 outfit post covergence. Convergence is really not rebooting anything (it's just a filler event after all), any potential changes to characters are due to events in their own books. And while I'm not a huge fan of Harley's movie look, when you take arkham games and new 52 in consideration, it's really not that far off.

I thought that Convergence was mixing some of the nu52 and their post-Crisis/pre52 counterparts together, kind of like what Marvel is doing with Secret Wars.  I could be horribly mistaken, though :P

Tomato

Guys, can we set the Harley discussion aside and talk about the REAL travesty in costume here? Joker wearing the stupid white suit from tdkr. The Joker without color in his attire irritates the heck out of me.

bat1987

Quote from: spydermann93 on May 19, 2015, 04:48:16 PM
Quote from: bat1987 on May 19, 2015, 11:52:02 AM

I thought that Convergence was mixing some of the nu52 and their post-Crisis/pre52 counterparts together, kind of like what Marvel is doing with Secret Wars.  I could be horribly mistaken, though :P

Oh it is, but the aftermath of it is back to business as usual (new 52 continuity, eventhough the books are not labelled as such anymore).

Ya I'd rather they went with classic purple with the joker for sure. I don't neccesarily hate the DKR suit, but not a huge fan either. But like midnite said his body language is spot on!

crimsonquill

Quote from: Tomato on May 19, 2015, 04:53:52 PM
Guys, can we set the Harley discussion aside and talk about the REAL travesty in costume here? Joker wearing the stupid white suit from tdkr. The Joker without color in his attire irritates the heck out of me.

So, Harley gets 8 to 10 outfits for all her looks.... and Joker has one outfit in his wardrobe and it's a white suit. Apparently he has a very small wardrobe that fits in his glove compartment. Guess it makes it cheaper for his costuming.

OF COURSE Joker is going to have multiple outfits!!!! *facepalm* Why? So they can cover all of his various Joker looks as well.

- CQ

spydermann93

Quote from: bat1987 on May 19, 2015, 05:39:16 PMOh it is, but the aftermath of it is back to business as usual (new 52 continuity, eventhough the books are not labelled as such anymore).

I might be misunderstanding you, or I might have not been clear in my original statement, but what I meant is that I thought that some of the personalities of the post-Crisis characters would be carried over to their nu52 counterparts.  Not complete personality changes, just a few adjustments here and there.

Are the Earth 1 (or is it Earth 0? I can't remember! :wacko:) characters involved in Convergence at all, or is it all "other world" characters.  I know that Earth 2's heroes are the "stars" of this event, so I guess I'm just a bit lost on whether or not Convergence is affecting the main Earth.  If it isn't, then I definitely know that I'm wrong about the personality thing :P

HarryTrotter

Since BvS partialy adapts DKR,I guess it makes sense to have Frank Millers Joker in the same universe...and yeah,that does sound bad.
Yeah,Convergence will affect Earth 0 with the whole soft reboot in June.Divergence event that spawns new titles etc....Earth 1 actually isnt involved IIRC.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

BWPS

I don't like anything I've seen about this movie so far except Will Smith. And that doesn't exactly fill me with the same excitement that it did in 1997.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Midnite

bat1987

Oh wow, did not expect that. Very nice. I'm assuming this is the beginning of the movie and shows how Joker and Harley end up in prison.

BentonGrey

The Bat costume looks pretty good, though I'm guessing there are some CGI elements to be added, which is odd.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

bat1987

Ya I think it's weird that they are gonna use CGI for the cape.

crimsonquill

Quote from: bat1987 on May 29, 2015, 12:51:32 PM

The scene is supposed to be Joker & Harley speeding away from Batman with him eventually landing on the roof and cutting his way in. They are NOT going to have a stuntman clinging on during breakneck speed so they just film it during safe speeds using a high frame rate then digitally add the flapping cape. (Try making a practical bat-wing cape look awesome only going 10 MPH without aiming giant fans to get the flapping and still not getting the cape to expand or flap correctly).

- CQ

Midnite

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 29, 2015, 12:50:01 PM
The Bat costume looks pretty good, though I'm guessing there are some CGI elements to be added, which is odd.

Quote from: bat1987 on May 29, 2015, 12:51:32 PM

They tried the cape the first night of filming. Probably dropped it because it didn't look great on film and/or safety concerns for the stuntman.

As you can see from here
https://instagram.com/p/3MolGIOUuU/

Car chase scene
https://instagram.com/p/3QaiNdLi-o/

The Batsuit looks so awesome!
Spoiler

Tomato

Digitally adding in the cape is nothing new. They did it with MoS with Superman, they've done it with Thor in the Marvel movies, etc. They even considered doing it in TDK, but for whatever reason the batpod happened to cause the cape to flow out behind the bike perfectly.

JeyNyce

And let us not forget Spawn....talk about heavy CGI
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

Hmm, I didn't know that about Superman and Thor.  Weird.

Also, the suit does look good...except, he's missing something, and I don't mean his cape.  :P
God Bless

Shogunn2517