News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Fantastic 4 Doctor Doom

Started by SickAlice, August 29, 2024, 01:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Dr. Doom X is on ET Druig by Gren and JP. I sculpted a new body and added newly made parts and weapons. I adjusted the keyframes adding new ones included custom sitting animations. He comes with a throne map object. He also has the same throne added to the character nif which can be unhidden in Nifskope.

Dr. Doom can be downloaded on my Fantastic 4 page here. If you have visited the page previously you may have to refresh to make him visible:
https://thelitterbox.freedomforce4ever.com/pages/fant4.html

cranlox

It looks great in the picture, but I couldn't download it from your site.

It seems like a great job anyway

spydermann93

looks like the url to the download on your page is broken, SA

here's the correct download link: http://thelitterbox.freedomforce4ever.com/uploaded7/Dr%20Doom_X_Gren.rar

amazing release! the effort you put into these massive skin collections and meshes is unreal

SickAlice

Ty. My site builder reverts my old settings and I don't always catch it. Fixed the page link now.

DoctorRuina

Now it can be downloaded. Thanks for this work sickalice  :thumbup:. But what about a Doctor Doom wounded hehehe?

SickAlice

I had a list I went through and that was one I tried out but it looks like garbage in 3d. Though one could probably still pull it off with this model just using the textures and the alpha channels to create the damage and such. I also made and tried the Books Of Doom look and same thing, it just looked bad in game once it was animated so I scrapped it. I did however design all this in such a way I could or anyone else model new parts for different armors. Like how the faceplate can be removed for example to be replaced with a different one. I will at least be doing an updated version of Doom 2099 in the future.

SickAlice

Oh right. So I had a list of things and I modelled a bunch of things that didn't make it to the final. Both out of trying to keep it lite and mostly because they looked ugly in game. One of them I made was a lenticular Secret Wars shield. I tried to make it working but the game rendering isn't close to real life physics nor how our eyes interpret things to make it happen.

But for anyone's usage I figured out how to make it as a mirage. You make two faces for the shield or two shields that are the same model. One of them has an animated face. Then you add both to the keyframes. In any keyframe where the character is in motion the animated one is visible. When the character is not moving the scrambled static shield is visible. But when I looked at it in game it looked awful and overwhelmed the composition. But this is also why there is a big empty space on the Gear texture. That was where the shield was textured.

Anyway I hope that trick comes in handy for anyone. You can see the same trick or even copy and past from it on a few of the models I made, especially parts of vehicles that "appear" animated but aren't. It's also an easier way to make things spin and a lot of commercial games use this technique where when you try and make a thing literally spin it would end up having problems sticking to it's to own axis. And of course this method eats up less system resources.