What game has the best portrayal of nuclear weapons?

Started by captmorgan72, March 21, 2009, 05:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

Also I just don't mean graphically but realistically too. My vote goes to World in Conflict.

Spam

Mmmmmmm... Donuts...

MJB

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has a scene in it that is just insane featuring a nuke.

-MJB

captmorgan72

Quote from: Spam on March 22, 2009, 05:40:31 AM
Fallout 3 fo sho.

FORIAM*runs to a shelter*

Gonna have to disagree with ya here. I am currently very addicted to this game and was disappointed the first time I used a mini-nuke. It's more like a glorified artillery shell. The cars however explode very nicely, much closer to mini-nukes than one of the game's mini-nukes.

Courtnall6

Quote from: MJB on March 22, 2009, 05:42:04 AM
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has a scene in it that is just insane featuring a nuke.

-MJB

I agree...it was pretty sick.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

lugaru

I just clicked on this thread to make a fallout 3 joke and at least two people beat me to it. I say the strategy games do good job, like Civilization 4. Nothing really beat playing on an "earth" map as the Azteks, sailing across the sea, invading spain and using it to launch nukes at the rest of europe. I have never played Defcon but that is purely about nuking, so it has to be great.

daerdevil

Camma

Quote from: captmorgan72 on March 22, 2009, 05:42:23 PM
Fallout 3 fo sho.

Gonna have to disagree with ya here. I am currently very addicted to this game and was disappointed the first time I used a mini-nuke. It's more like a glorified artillery shell. The cars however explode very nicely, much closer to mini-nukes than one of the game's mini-nukes.

While I agree that the mini-nukes in Fallout3 hardly do justice, there is still a really good one...

Spoiler
...If you are evil and choose to destroy megaton you get a really nice blast with screen washout and shaking and the like.
If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you

Spam

Quote from: Camma on March 23, 2009, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: captmorgan72 on March 22, 2009, 05:42:23 PM
Fallout 3 fo sho.

While I agree that the mini-nukes in Fallout3 hardly do justice, there is still a really good one...

Spoiler
...If you are evil and choose to destroy megaton you get a really nice blast with screen washout and shaking and the like.

Well, all of that, and since the game is based in a world after nuclear warfare, it is a very powerful portrayal of what might happen if the world falls into a nuclear "fallout".

Spoiler
And the Megaton scene is rrreeeeaaaallly cool. When I first saw that I was practically jumping around my room going like "Daaaaaaaaaannnnng!" =p
Mmmmmmm... Donuts...

bredon7777

I cant believe you guys were evil enough to
Spoiler
blow up Megaton

You meanies!!
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

captmorgan72

Spoiler
I figured that the A-bomb would would give off an impressive display of power if I chose to destroy Megaton. I couldn't bring myself to do that. Playing the first time through making choices that I would make in real life. Second time however is going to be dark side.   :D

lugaru

Spoiler
I could not blow it up until like my 3rd or 4th character. It does rock though. My 'evil' character is called Winter, this raider looking asian guy with crazy white hair. Soon after moving into Tenpenny he let in the ghouls and they massacred everyone. He also got to take Tenpenny out himself, which was cool.

Reepicheep

Spoiler
I blew up Megaton first time around.

Didn't have the heart not to.

captmorgan72

Quote from: Reepicheep on March 26, 2009, 08:11:14 PM
Spoiler
I blew up Megaton first time around.

Didn't have the heart not to.

My mommy and daddy warned me about people like you.

UnfluffyBunny

stalker: shadows of cherynobyle and clear sky are both pretty good in the whole nuclear fallout zone