News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Em's Crap: Redux! (NEW!)

Started by MJB, April 18, 2014, 07:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

Welcome back to Em's Crap!

After I finished my March Madness 2014 drawings I had one "card" left. Been scratching my head trying to decide what to draw on it (too many ideas!). Raphael from the TMNT won out. Raph has always been my favorite turtle since I was a wee little lad. Had a blast drawing him.

I posted the inks to this on my DeviantArt page. Link is in my sig.

Comments are ALWAYS welcome!

spydermann93

That's really awesome, MJB! :ph34r:

ShortFuse

I really like it. You should do the others as well.

Glitch Girl

Very dynamic, love the inking on this. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

MJB

Thank you all for the comments!

Here's a blast from FR's past: The 2006 (i think) Freedom Reborn Calendar.

I was working on a few pieces & helping GG wrangle up the rest of the drawings from other artists. Ink was working on a piece but ran into some issues & didn't have time to ink his drawing. I volunteered to ink it for him. I believe this was the first time I had inked someone else's rough pencils. Took a little while to finish it all but with GG's help on the coloring side we were able to hit our deadline!

Here's the inks. Sadly I don't have a copy of the colors handy due to a computer crash. :(

XStream

That's awesome man! A real blast from the past.

I love the Raphael too. I agree it would be nice to see you do the rest... Or one of your comic cover designs, maybe.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

MJB

The more I think about it the more I want to do some more profile cards or a full on cover featuring the TMNT. I guess we shall wait & see what happens. :D

John Jr.

Great colors and shadows on  Raphael, MJB.
Congrats!

MJB

Here's one I've been working on in my spare time. Originally drew this with the intention of turning it into a faux cover. I don't have access to all the cover dressing I designed so I just threw this up as a pin-up type image.

General Victory/Mister Corpse:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

For those who care for such things I uploaded the inks for this to my DeviantArt page. Link is in my sig. You will also find a lot of my old stuff along with the newly "remastered" Halloween '06 drawing I did. :mjbdeadagain

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm currently coloring a group shot of the TMNT. :D Thank you all for the comments!