News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Fight for the Light

Started by JeyNyce, September 08, 2011, 02:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

The DLC, expansion, whatever you want to call it is out and it's free to people who own the game.  So what do you think?  Is it worth going back to DCUO for?

I like it, but I don't like that you still have to choose a second power set (bow, guns, etc).  You have one of the most powerful weapons in the world and you still need a second weapon to take along with you?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Courtnall6

Not me...not now anyway. I was looking forward to the Green Lantern DLC...until I read that you can't actually join the Green Lantern Corps. A "Green Lantern reservist"...give me a break.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

MJB

That's exactly what turned me off about the expansion, Court. Day one with the game I wanted to be able to join the Corps & when they release content specifically about the Green Lanterns they put up this little gate that prevents you from joining. Lame. :(

JeyNyce

This is what I think they should have done:

Instead of having just Batman & Superman area, they should have added a space area so you'll be able to join the Corp and stop the threat from that POV.  I still play the game, but the storyline is not being use to it's full potential 
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Tortuga

I think the attempt at a storyline is one of the things that made this game not-so-great.  For starters, it had already been done in a superhero MMO (City of Heroes)...no wait, in TWO superhero MMOs (and Champions Online).  It would have been nifty just to be plopped into the DC Universe and get missions, meet the icons, etc.  The storyline is so rarely talked about that it really may as well not exist.